12. PLEASE SON

/~*~\\ 12 //~*~\

/~*~\\ PLEASE SON //~*~\

Jisung was kicking himself, he could take some meat with him right away, but no. He once again decided that he would come back for it and, as if nothing happened, go to the forest again, where the wolf would be politely waiting for him.

It's a wild animal, Jisung, what were you thinking? The eighteen-year-old decided that the next day he would not forget, and indeed, he didn't. The only detail that thwarted his plans was that the wolf did not appear. Neither the next day nor the day after. More precisely, it's been a good four days since he felt the green eyes on himself for the last time.

Jisung was looking at the silver, round guardian of the night in its full splendour, illuminating the path of lost travellers of the dark, accompanied by shining stars, casting a beautiful shimmering net on the black ocean, just like lights on a winter evening, giving a festive atmosphere. According to the boy, the cosmos was beautiful in its complexity and its secret enveloped a thrill of adrenaline and stimulated his imagination every time he looked into its infinite depths, noticing maybe one-trillionish [is that even a word?] part of the universe and realizing how small was his knowledge about... almost every topic not just about galaxies and celestial bodies.

He flinched suddenly when some distant sound came to his ears. A noise like the howling of wolves, carried by the wind, as if the forest itself wanted him to hear. He did not know if he had ever had the opportunity to listen to the creepy sound of a wolf howling, maybe he just never paid attention to it, or maybe now that he knows what is lurking in Yellow Wood his senses have become more sensitive to anything that may have a connection with beasts, which, contrary to appearances, did not seem as dangerous as he thought.

He closed his eyes, enjoying the harmony the howling created, interacting with the sound of the forest and the hymn of the crickets. He felt his body relax and thoughts flee to a black animal with emerald, sharp eyes. Until a terrible whimper pierced the sky, and Jisung jumped frantically out of bed, then running up to the window and leaning dangerously out.

Three shots followed immediately. Everything was becoming quieter and his heart almost stopped when shaggy black had bathed in a burgundy puddle and its chest slowly stopped in front of his eyes.

Tears found their path to his eyes, blurring his vision, and his hands trembled uneasily. It wasn't long before Jisung felt a special bond with the black wolf and didn't know what he would do if something happened to him.

His knees softened, and he tried not to fall down the stairs. Right at the door, as he grabbed for his shoes, a crash sounded throughout the house, causing Jisung to land on the cool floor and his panting father leaned on his rifle right after close the door sharply behind him. The chocolate-haired eyed him, gasping for air when he saw his torn uniform and bloodstains in some places.

- D-dad - he stammered, his voice barely audible when Jikyul put his tired arms around him and pressed him tightly against his torso as if they had not seen each other for several years.

- Jisung, son. I was afraid that they would cross the border and attack the city, attack you - a trembling whisper hit his earlobe, and his hands rested comfortingly on the back of his father, who apparently was shaking with terror, fear for the good of his son. However, Jisung still couldn't get the bloody wolf out of his head.

- What happened there? Who was supposed to attack the city? Wolves? - Jisung had to find out. They had kept him in unawareness for too long, especially now. Now that his father looked like he's barely alive. He was worried. How could he reconcile his concern for his father and for the stupid animal from the forest? Family should be the most important thing for him, and yet - Did you kill it?

- Yes - at that moment, the whole world of the eighteen-year-old collapsed in ruins, and more liquid emerging in his eyes. - I guess so. At least one...

- Are they really so dangerous? - the teenager's voice broke, and his teeth embraced the lower lip, clenching at it with all his might. Suddenly the whole world began to spin and if it hadn't been for his father's solid grip, he would have fallen to the floor like a long one, maybe even smashing his head against something.

- You have no idea what they are capable of, son. They are not ordinary wolves, so I am asking you, No, I'm begging you - Jikyul grabbed his shoulders and drilled his dark pupils intensely into his, as if it were to convince the younger to do anything that his father would ask him to do. - for anything in the world, don't come close to them. Neither to them nor to Seungmin.

- What does Seungmin have to do with this -

- I am begging you, Jisung, listen to the advice of your old father and stay away from them. At least for now...