8. STARVATION

/~*~\\ 8 //~*~\

/~*~\\STARVATION//~*~\

He knew it was the perfect time to retreat. Although his eyes were still following the chocolate-haired eighteen-year-old, wherever he was, he had to leave. He exposed himself and also Jisung because of his stupidity. Han Jisung had his destiny planned, no matter how irrational it would sound. As the son of the leader of the hunters' association, it was known in advance that he would be his successor and would also exterminate all onays he encountered.

Minho understood their motives. They were beasts. An unsuccessful experiment that escaped from under the control of scientists years ago and settled in the forests of Korea. Only a few were aware of their race, and all territories were quarantined and forbidden to civilians.

One of the clans involved in the fight against his species were hunters, the founder of which was old Han, x years ago. For all generations, the title of clan leader was passed from father to son, and the same thing was meant to happen to Jisung. Minho basically showed himself like on a tray. An easy goal that couldn't even defend himself if he were to be killed by an eighteen-year-old.

The path to the hideout flew very quickly when his mind was deep in thoughts of Jisung. About his plump cheeks, dark, glittering eyes, the horror Lee caused him, which saddened the wolf colossally, and one of the most intriguing things - the smell. Mint shampoo mixed with...

"Minho!" Hwanwoong circled him, ignoring the shocked look, and growled throatily. - You were not to leave the hideout. You are still not at full strength, if they - the elder broke off in the middle of the sentence and sank his nose in the fur on Minho's neck, absorbing his scent, then pushed the black onay's head to the floor with his paw and an angry snort. "Again?"

"What?" Minho, swallowed loudly, perfectly realizing what their omega was talking about and immediately felt like a puppy, disciplined by his mother for moving away from the lair.

"I shouldn't have left you with Bambam, not during the full moon." Hwanwoong growled, stepping away from him to be able to sit against the wall with resignation.

- "It's not his fault -"

"Don't defend him. Chan clearly said that it was too dangerous to take pups near the border, especially the western one, where Han Jikyul lives, but Bammie had to break one of the few rules." Minho had the impression that there is venom between every single letter of words spoken, waiting to sneak into the body and kill.

"I didn't know it was his first full moon, alright?" Their heads turned toward the black-brown wolf with eyes as golden as their leaders. "I thought that he should know what we had to fight against, too."

"Never mind, I fucked up, I understand, but can we not argue about that anymore?" Minho rolled his eyes when Bambam gave him an amused look and wagged his tail, which only irritated Yeo more.

"Whatever. Chan told me to call you. " Yeo's eyes immediately sparkled at the mention of Bang, and curiosity twitched his red ears.

Hwanwoong was definitely smaller than the rest of the pack, despite his massive attitude as a human. Even Felix in wolf form stood a good ten centimetres taller than him, but this could be justified by his genes, after all, they were the reason that Chan hid him in the mountains without his father's knowledge for so many years. His impeccable ginger colour was cut only by a white patch on his chest like a tie on an orange shirt, and his kind-looking face in a disgruntled grimace did not look too scary, but the older omega's pupils sure did. "He said it was important."

The three of them left the room where Hwanwoong dealt with the treatment and preparation of new herbal ointments or infusions, and the red onay took his place on the right side of the worried Chan, sitting in human form on the sofa, surrounded by the rest of the pack. The leader instinctively put his hand between Yeo's ears and slowly rubbed them with his fingertips, feeling his nerves calm down a little.

- We're running low on food - one sentence was enough to arouse sadness and worry in the hearts of the gathered people again. - Hunters make it difficult for us to hunt. They wander deeper into the forest more and more often.

- We should move - Changbin raised the corners of his mouth slightly, hearing how Hyunjin from his childish self could behave reasonably in a difficult situation. The rest of the puppies just nodded.

- No! Minho shouted immediately, drawing the attention of eight pairs of eyes, then cleared his throat awkwardly and lowered his voice. - I mean ... there are other packs around. We have nowhere to go without crossing their territory - Chan just sighed, simultaneously with Hwanwoong, knowing exactly what reasons Lee had. He did not want to move away from Jisung, and although he was aware of the absurdity and recklessness of this decision, he intended to stay with his human.

- Minho is right - Yugyeom said quietly. In other packs, the omega could not speak in any discussion and the boy still couldn't get used to new rules. Each time he remembered the punishments he received. The scars adorning his neck and paws reminded him of every 'crime'. - If we enter their territory, someone may die.

- I will go hunting, maybe I'll be lucky today - Changbin said, fatigue was heard between the words. The truth was, Seo tried his hardest to find food for his companions day by day. He often took Chan and Hwanwoong with him. Minho would usually go with them, but lately they were afraid that he was not at full strength yet. Bambam stayed with the pups and Yugyeom, who was too terrified and weak to defend himself against the hunter if needed.

- I'll help you, Binnie – Felix spoke with an Innocent smile, putting his hand on the older's knee.

- Pups are staying – Chan snarled throatily, ordering them as an alpha. Jeongin, Felix and Hyunjin immediately lowered their eyes to their laps without even trying to argue. – I'll go with you. Minho, will you help us?

- Sure – Lee changed into his black onay's form in a second and, without any further ado, was ready to go. The same did Seo and Bang, while the others with a huge resignation sigh minded theirs business in the inside of the safe cavern.

"Chan?" Minho was walking beside his leader, just like his mirror reflection. Hearing a quiet murmur, he knew that he can continue. "What will we do, if... You know."

"I'm afraid I'll have to resort to last resort." Bang replied dryly. Minho and Changbin sensed dislike in his voice and knew how humiliating it would be for him. He might even end up dead, but in return for the safety of his family, he was able to give his life.

"They scared all our food." Changbin said, changing the uncomfortable subject to ... one equally uncomfortable. He felt frustration build up in his throat at the thought of the hunters' actions. "Maybe we can just eat Han Jikyul and his whole family. We will kill two birds with one stone."

„Don't you dare touch him, Changbin" Minho's guttural snarl and bared teeth, immediately closed his mouth as green eyes drilled uncomfortably into his skull. He didn't have to mention the boy's name so that Seo knew who he was talking about, everyone in the pack knew Lee's situation well and no one was surprised at his possessiveness. Everyone understood that onays couldn't fight instincts, at least not if they are a beta, like Minho.

"If you leap at your throats here, we certainly won't catch anything." Chan sighed, rolling his eyes and speeding up his pace, so he didn't have to look at the intense glances of his brothers. He had enough on his mind, he wasn't going to try and calm down the puppy-level argument.

"Sorry." They both whispered as if on cue, being stopped a moment later by the older. Their eyes rested on four hares unwarily skipping in the clearing, and all three impulsively gave in to their internal wolves.