70. GROW UP

/~*~\\ 70 //~*~\

/~*~\\ GROW UP //~*~\

- Are you crazy? Want to endanger the whole pack? - Chan stretched out his hand nimbly and yanked Hongjoong by the arm, whose red eyes burned with hatred at the news of hunters looking for their home, and his legs angrily carried him towards the exit. The older alpha's voice sounded rather dry, considering his shock and the beginnings of panic growing in his stomach. - Let's wait it out. The cave is hidden enough. Humans won't be able to find it.

- They invaded my territory, tried to take my brother, and nearly killed our friends. You mean to tell me we have to wait until they come here and slaughter us all?! - Hongjoong was seething with anger, shouting out every word, quasi an overflowing cauldron of acid, spilling over those closest to him, injuring them, even though they weren't the ones who filled it beyond its means.

His wolf clearly felt the presence of a large number of hunters wandering cautiously over their land, probably carefully combing every little corner of their territory where the onays should feel safe.

Where their pups should be able to go and play outside, the older ones should be able to spar, have a good time walking around letting their wolves feel the wind through their fur as they gallop freely, and not be afraid to leave the den, just in case they can earn a bullet in the head at the first chance they get when they run into intrusive intruders who think they're smarter than those stupid wolves.

What they didn't realize was that the moment they crossed their border, most of the pack already knew it, and each time rage, concern, and terror coursed through their hot veins, making their blood gurgle.

- Chan's right. If we go and even try to draw them away, we don't stand a chance in a long-range fight with that many. They took their best men... - Minho concluded, his voice confident, wanting to bring the leader back to his senses.

However, after a while it lost its volume as the intense crimson twisted his head submissively to the side.

The beta's instincts told him to give way to the discontented alpha, and in this case Minho wasn't strong enough to resist him, so he fell silent, biting his lower lip thoughtfully.

However, he forced himself to whisper the last sentence faintly, which might have both helped tame his wolf and put the sender in an even bigger swamp.

– Half of the Han's clan is there as well...

- You were not supposed to leave the den, Minho. How do you know that?

Minho's eyes widened as a wave of realization sent chills galloping down his back, feeling the leader's piercing gaze on him.

No one but Yeosang, Felix and Hyunjin had any idea that he had spent the whole night out of the grotto, and if it were revealed who he was with then, he would most likely end up torn to pieces by the son of the head alpha in a furious passion.

- Does it matter? I just wanted to stretch my limbs, plus now you know there's no point in trying to chase them off.

Hongjoong growled throatily as he towered over the beta, his dominance softening Minho's knees, nearly sending him crashing to the floor.