33. I BEG YOU

/~*~\\ 33 //~*~\

/~*~\\ I BEG YOU //~*~\

Chan's eyes flashed red to mask the frightened tremors of his body. He stood firmly on his injured paw, ignoring the searing impulse going through her. He had crossed the boundaries of another pack, his safety was below zero at any given moment, and two hundred yards away, three onays met him. Each of them was a beta, including one woman. Chan could see that they were strong, and despite their slightly smaller stature, he wouldn't stand a chance.

One of them, the farthest to the front, let out a guttural snarl that was clear to everyone else, demanding that the alpha shift into human form, which he did without even a word of objection, and after a while he stood in front of them on two legs, covered with goose bumps from prevailing cold. Beta followed immediately, his blue eyes piercing him with dominance, short blonde curls fluttering in the breeze, revealing a furrowed forehead.

- Go back. Alpha let you go once, the next time he won't be so generous - Chan could sense the pride the beta spoke with. Judging from his appearance, he was much older than him, but the alpha did not remember his strong features from when he was still a part of the pack, so he must have been a new addition.

- I need to talk to him. This is important - Chan immediately raised his hands up to emphasize the lack of harmful intentions as much as possible, when beta's eyes glowed with an intense green.

The aphonia that followed his words made all muscles tense. They were probably using their bond to discuss it with their alpha, which only added to Bang's anxiety. Leaving empty-handed and on his own was the best version that could happen to him, but he knew that Gochan was not so merciful towards other alphas. Any pup that turned out to be an alpha was either chased out of the pack before it could care for itself, or was killed by the head alpha. Gochan cared for his pack in his own way, and as strict as he was, every onay was provided with food and shelter, as long as he did not break the rules.

- Follow me, stray - beta hissed through his teeth, after a while adding 'don't even try anything' and with a grating of bones transformed into a wolf covered with an ordinary grey robe, like wolves from a zoo. Chan followed suit, keeping a safe distance as he made his way to their hideout. Chan knew the location of the great grotto perfectly well, so Gochan knew like no one else that there was no point in designating another meeting place.

- I thought I made it clear that you should never come back here, Bang Chan - a blood-curdling growl straight from the depths of his lungs echoed through the room, forcing the wolves with a lower status to obediently lower their heads. Platinum curls adorned his head, just like Chan's, his nose was slightly narrower than his son's, and his eyes narrowed with mockery and anger. A pinkish scar, probably from a claw or something equally sharp, ran through his right eye, and his broad, muscular torso also bore the marks of many fights. - You should be grateful I let you take those useless runts and keep your family name. Now, say what you want before I lose my patience.

- I have a request - Chan clenched his fists tightly enough that the knuckles lost their pinkish colour, and the nails dug unpleasantly into the soft flesh on the inside, nearly slitting the skin just to stop the anger from hurling dangerous words from his lips. - I promise I will disappear if you keep your word and never show myself again. You can even kill me, father -

- You have no right to call me that anymore - Chan's body shuddered under the strength of his father's tone, and his knees softened, almost allowing him to fall to the ground in front of a much stronger alpha. He gathered the remnants of his will to stay upright and not break eye contact, so as not to give up and achieve his goal. - You think you're in position to ask for anything?

- Please, it means a lot to me, I –

- I do not care. Go on, I'll consider if I want to help you - Gochan growled low, waving his hand at him with colossal ignorance, disrespecting his son massively. If Chan could still consider himself his son, in the end, the elder Bang forbade him to even use the word 'father', despite still having their surname ...

- Take my pack to you and provide them with food and shelter, that's all I ask - Chan swallowed imperceptibly and lowered his head humbly. Loud cynical laughter pierced his body, sending a cold shiver down his spine. His desperation grew in fear of the tragic end of his pack if he failed. - Please, at least betas and omegas. The hunters cut off our food sources, we –

- Shut up! I have no real wish to take these scums back. If it weren't for you, they would have been dead long ago, you only postponed the inevitable - the whole world and Chan's hope shattered into tiny pieces. It's over. Bambam, Changbin, Minho, Hyunjin, Jeongin, Yugyeom, Felix and Hwanwoong ... His Woong... - Now leave. You have five seconds to leave this cave.

- No, please, father, give them just one full meal, I beg you! - Chan fell to his knees with a bang, his hands clasped in his thighs, his wounded hand leaving a red smudge on his pale skin. Red eyes filled with tears, and the humiliating laugh completely lost his interest. What an alpha he is, not able to feed and care for his own pack, what an alpha he is, if he kneels in front of another, asking for help...

- Five - Gochan slowly put his feet flat on the floor, then taking a step by step closer to him from the platform he was on throughout the conversation.

- Ple-ease... - Chan's voice cracked, making him small, smaller than the current betas and omegas, tiny as a meaningless, wretched worm.

- Four... Three... - Gochan growled, the red not yielding to his naturally dark eyes as the bones grinded unpleasantly as he transformed. After a moment, a wolf as white as Chan stood in front of him, straightening on his paws and lifting his head high, making it seem twice as large and towered above the rest.

- I advise you to shift and leave - the blonde haired beta said dryly, crossing his arms over his chest. Chan let a single tear slowly slide down his cheek as he shifted, staring at the wolf in front of him. If it weren't for the trembling legs and the low head and tucked tail, they would not be distinguishable. Even the smell of roses was identical. – Well... You wouldn't get away anyway. Zero Beta laughed mockingly, and Chan's eyes widened as, with a guttural, alarming snarl, Gochan's sharp fangs sank into his neck.