35. ALPHA

/~*~\\ 35 //~*~\

/~*~\\ ALPHA //~*~\

A faint growl escaped from the onay's mouth as he awoke from his heavy sleep. His eyelids barely opened to allow his pupils to contract under the bright light shining directly on his head from the cave's entrance. Streaking pain travelled back and forth across his body, making him feel numb, as if armies of ants were marching on him. With a fatigued snarl, he shifted slightly, intending to get to his feet. He rolled over from his side onto his stomach and whimpered as a wave of pain pierced his muscles, causing panic to stir in the stunned wolf. He began to kick his paws, extending and retracting the claws, as more and more squeals echoed along the walls of the grotto with each movement.

- Csi, alpha, easy – a warm, honey-dripping female voice moved his shaggy ears, and a small hand rested between them, gently pressing his head to the ground to hold it in place. However, this did not soothe the Alpha's anxiety. - Stop - a guttural snarl forced him to expose his neck submissively. The honeyed scent irritated his nostrils, and a shock enveloped his still not fully conscious eyes. It was the first time he had encountered such a powerful alpha to whom he was unable to put up any resistance, other than Gochan that is. As a hand loosened the force with which it was pressing him against the ground, she slowly began to stroke the fur there in a relaxed gesture. - You should be able to shift by now, your wounds aren't that serious anymore. Now, shift.

The grinding of bones and deformed whines mixed with groans did not seem to affect the woman sitting cross-legged. The injured alpha didn't even notice the burning pile of branches, meant to be a makeshift fire to keep them warm during the cold winter night.

- You don't have to growl at me, alpha. If you hadn't noticed, I saved your life - the woman laughed ironically, pushing the sharpened stick into the slightly browned meat on a branch just above the fire flames to see if it was ready. Alpha at the sight of the roasted hare licked his mouth, then swallowed loudly, and the irises alternated from natural brown to red in a split second as his wolf struggled to take control. - Just a moment and it'll be ready ...

The woman tsk-ed, when the boy grabbed the meat with a nimble hand, ignoring the pain that pierced through her, and bit into the pleasantly warm surface, absorbing it bit by bit, greedily and messily, not holding back the snarls and choking noises when he didn't chew well.

- How long didn't you have anything in your mouth?

- Too long – Alpha licked his lips thoroughly from even the smallest piece of skin, then with a small, sharp bone picked out pieces stuck between his teeth and fell to the ground, resting his weight on hands behind his back, sitting at the opposite of the mysterious alpha. – Who are you?

- Ahmin. You?

- Chan. Have I been unconscious for a long time? - Chan looked around the cave, noticing how small and untouched it was. It wasn't Ahmin's home for one hundred percent, the other alpha had just gnawed at her ration of food. Her long black hair fell loosely forward as she bent down, and covered half of her face.

- About eight days? I think so, maybe more, maybe less - Her eyebrows narrowed in thought. - Are you ready to go, stray?

- Where? - Chan gave her a confused and uncertain look, only now noticed all the leaves and herbs stuck to his wounds, intended to soothe the pain and heal them. - Besides, I'm not a stray.