66. MINHO, Pt.2

/~*~\\ 66 //~*~\

/~*~\\ MINHO //~*~\

Pt. II

Jisung was overly flustered.

Frightened and disgusted first, watching the black wolf disfigure uglily and shed his fur as if he were a snake shedding its skin while moulting [I honestly have no idea if that's the right wording for that...].

Nausea pulled at his throat savagely when the food wanted to see the light of day at the sight of this, but when his eyes got suddenly stuck on the lean, with well-defined muscles, naked boy's body covered by the dark robe of darkness who slipped into the crevice, almost with his whole body pressed against the hunter, he felt like passing out, like he would collapse like a cut down tree when his racing heart would finally stop.

In the shadow of the cave it was hard for him to judge exactly what he looked like, but as much as he could see and feel was enough to paint his face with a luscious, burning red and make his body sway in chaos.

Dark hair falling loosely over his eyelids, in line with his long black eyelashes, creating endearing curtains for the deep emerald green of his keen eyes, which shone like Christmas lights hanging in the most prominent place on a tree during a winter starry night, which were heavy to be overlooked in the darkness of the grotto.

The eyes he always saw when he came home that trusted him two years ago and gave him a sense of security, no matter how much he complained about them before he actually got to know the wolf.

He had thought they were scary at the time, shooting every little hair on his covered by goosebumps skin straight up in fear of the worst.

However, after getting to know him better, he realized that they protected him and never meant to hurt him. He realized that the saying 'never judge a book by its cover' is very accurate and perfectly describes their situation, where the alleged bloodthirsty beast is in fact a cuddly puppy, needing the tenderness of its owner, which the wolf supposedly already had.

Jisung felt enchanted by the number and variety of emotions, by how easily every hesitation, every contentment, and even every anger of the animal was revealed, painting everything in the form of more or less bright flashes in the green irises, by how much was hidden deep within these beautiful emerald green eyes that were just staring down, evidently shy, as if he was embarrassed by his condition himself.

Wolves... Was it the shifts that made them our targets?

Han Jisung was never told why they had to exterminate them.

It was a fact his father had always said that if they found one to be a unique specimen worthy of deeper study, they should catch it alive and put it at the door of their headquarters at the foot of the mountain far north of Yecheon - where no one uninformed had ever set a foot.

A secret hunters' base, perfectly hidden so that no beast or human would be able to find it, no matter how hard they tried.

For him, this one was special.

Different from all.

Not because of his beauty and fascinatingly shimmering black fur in the sun, and those captivating eyes in which the chocolate-haired man could melt without an end, or because of his ability to transform into a human (which was still an incomprehensible unknown, cunning illusion, something that his emotionally overloaded brain had produced to deceive and bewilder him), but for the sake of always being available to him when he needed it.