[1.7|Does she like him? Why someone like Stiles?]

›"So you're saying that Ophelia and Peter are... And I have to keep it... And Peter was your..." Stiles said to Melanie, who was now sitting with him in Eichen House yard, talking about Ophelia. He listened Ophelia's advice and went to Melanie to talk but all he got was secrets. The secrets were going to ruin his perfect friendship with Ophelia for sure. Did she really wanted for him to not talk about this? Especially with the evil fox inside his body who was literally dying to hurt someone? Specifically someone who's important to Stiles like Ophelia? 

          "Yeah, Stiles. I told you this because the last time she visited me, she told me that she was getting closer with Peter and she was trusting him a bit. I need you to keep her away from him. I made a promise to Talia. I promised her that I can keep this secret because I know he is dangerous. I beg you, Stiles. I beg you to protect my daughter from her father." Melanie said just before she thought about how they first met, how their love started. At the same moment, Peter was thinking about Melanie too...

———

1993, Beacon Hills

          "Hey, you are Melanie Martin, right?" Peter said to Melanie who was now leaving her class with books in her hands. "Yeah, um... And you are?"

         "Oh, pardon me. I'm Peter, Peter Hale. I heard that you were taking my classes too! I thought you were a freshman."

        "Well, I think school is boring so I want to end it sooner." Melanie said, trying to cover her smile. Peter was handsome and he was junior. He was obviously flirting with her, and she was happy about that. That day, they talked for hours without realizing that their lunch break was over, people were going back to their classes. 

          "Hey! Hale, Martin! Lunchtime is over, go to your classes! Come on!" Mr. Greyback shouted, interrupting their flirting. "Hey, I'll see you after class, okay?" Peter asked to Melanie, she nodded just before she left him all alone in yard, with a smile on his face. He had no idea that he was falling to that girl who was both smart and beautiful. And he obviously had no idea that he was going to be her baby daddy. 

          After days and days, they were already inseparable. Even though they knew it was a puppy love, it felt right. Peter hoped that she was his true love. He hoped that she would accept a bite. He had no idea that he was dating a banshee. Only if they knew that faith was going to bring them together. Again.

           For Melanie, it was just a high school love because everyone around her warned her. They said that Peter dated with a lot of girl at school and probably Melanie was just one of them but they were wrong. She was not just somebody, she was the girl Peter fell in love. She was the only person who could ever break his heart and she did. 

             They spent their new year's day together and they spent everyday in school together. Peter even took her to see his 5 year old nephew, Derek. They were completely inseparable and in love. They spent their summer holiday together. Melanie rejected to go Paris with her brother and sister-in-law, who were newly married just to be with her lover. They explored every inch of Beacon Hills together. Everyone thought they would be end game and they probably would but Peter was way too proud of his werewolf side and he wanted Melanie to know him better. So he decided to show her his true identity in 1994, November. 

          What he didn't know was Melanie had a surprise for him too. She didn't know if he would be happy but she was happy. She was happy that she was carrying the love of her life's baby. She was pregnant with Peter's baby.

          "Hey, I need to tell you something and I think you're going to love it!" Melanie said with such a joy, had no idea what was coming. Peter interrupted her, he was impatient. "I need to tell you first. Mel, I need to show you something." Peter said and he closed his eyes, opened with his golden yellow eyes after a second. Melanie was completely in shock. She stepped back with horror in his eyes. "What... Are you?" she asked in horror. She had no idea what was he and she was scared.