16 🥀: Blood Ain't Always Family

|Jeffrey Tate 🦇🖤:|

"I'm confused, what you mean she killed her brother?" I sucked my teeth, mugging hard as hell at John.

John was a cop, but when he was younger he used to be right on the block with my daddy nem. He managed to turn his life around, unlike my father who doing 45 cause my uncle snitched.

"Police just filed a warrant for her arrest. He got killed about 8 hours ago, when Miss Starr found and killed him." he said and I shook my head.

"Nah blood, she was here with me the whole time, we fucking went to sleep together! Ion know what type of shit y'all on but my girl love her brother to death. And you can't arrest her, I'm her alibi. She was sleep."

John pulled out his phone and handed it to me. It looked like a video tape of the hospital hallway.

"We got the security footage from around the time Devon got killed. That's yo girl right there."

I scrunched my face up harshly staring at the footage, and sure enough there was Nika, stepping out of my room and stalking down the hallway. She made her way out of the building.

"Her mother witnessed it with her own eyes, her daughter killed her son," John said, shaking his head.

I was hearing him, but none of what he was saying was registering in my mind. Why the fuck would Nika kill her brother just like that? It ain't make no damn sense--oh shit.

I jumped out of my hospital bed, throwing a shirt on. "Say, I get it now. She ain't do that shit. She got multiple personality disorder or some shit. If she did do it, it wasn't her."

John stared at me a bit, scratching his bald head. "Well, if that is true she's gonna have to come down to the station and we can do a mental health evaluation."

"Where she at?"

"We don't know. The warrant just got filed. But the last people to see her were her parents, and they say she took off."

I looked down, taking in everything I just heard. Devon really dead. Me and him weren't close like that but that was my nigga. I had respect for him, and I knew for a fact that Nika ain't have nothing but love for him. I wondered how she was dealing with this on her own.

Fuck that, I'm finna find my bitch.

"A'ight bet, 'preciate you telling me this," I nodded at John. "How's my pops doing?"

"He hanging in there, he say he talked to yo brother a lil while ago."

I just nodded, not really caring. But it had been a minute since I talked to YB, it was just too much shit going on.

"I'mma go find her," I told John before leaving the hospital room and making my way out the building.

"Excuse me sir, but you can't leave," the bitch at the front desk called out to me as I passed by her, but I didn't pay her no mind.

Tuh. Can't hold a real nigga.

I made my way out of the building and to the parking lot, sending a text to the groupchat.

        Dark-Hearted Goblinz🦇🖤:

Wea my car at mfs?

Deegoblaaa🔫:
Lay crashed dat bitch

Kayy6🖤:
Into the fucking fire hydrant😂