8 🥀: How It All Started

Carter OTG 🧡:

The Night Of The Video

"Aye, you seen the video yet?"

I looked up from my phone with a bored look on my face. "What video?"

He handed me his phone and I looked down at the screen with a frown. Some nigga was burning a orange bandana. Our fucking colors.

I couldn't see his face since it was dark, and he wore a hood over his face. Bitch ass.

"Who the fuck is this?" Joey demanded, fingers twitching. Trigger happy ass.

I don't say nothing and just keep watching. Then I see the nigga throw up sixes with both hands.

"I know who it is," I say calmly, setting the phone aside. Fuck no. "It's fuckin' DHG."

"Them bitch ass Goblinz? Fuck they claiming smoke for?"

I shrugged and go back on my phone. Joey stared at me in shock. "So we just finna do nothin'?"

"They just talking. Niggas always talking, but when we come around they don't say or do shit. I'll be worried when I see a actual threat."

Just then Blaq stormed in breathing heavy. What caught my attention was the blood splattered on his clothes.

I jumped to my feet. "Fuck happened?"

His eyes were wide. "They came from nowhere. We ain't see em in time. They--they killed..." He gulped, staring at me. "Trey gone mane."

Everything froze for a few seconds, then everything started slowly spinning. My phone slipped from my fingers. I didn't even hear the screen crack.

"Bruh..." Joey whispered, clutching his hands over his head. "No, no, no...Fuck!"

My eyes slowly lifted to the picture by the wall on the other side of the room. It was of me and Trey, both smiling. Even through everything, I always managed to smile when he was around.

We straight Carter. I promise I'ma never leave y'all.

He said that just this morning. Now he gone...

"Who did it?" I was surprised my voice didn't shake.

Blaq opened his mouth, but his words died in his throat.

"WHO THE FUCK DID IT?" I roared, yanking out my piece. I'ma kill em all, then I'ma kill they families.

Nobody takes my brudda away from me and gets away with that shit.

But my gaze fell on Joey's phone, and my mind flashed back to the video, the bandana in orange flames, the gang sign.

It wasn't no coincidence.

"Fuckin' DHG," I said again. "Fuck them opps, I'ma kill all of 'em. You with me?"

Joey nodded immediately. "Till death, brother."

My brother till the end... and something twisted in my chest. If Joey die too, ion care, I'ma kill everyone in sight; first the opps; then my own gang; then I'ma put three bullets in my own head.

I promise.

---------------------

We held Trey's burial the next day. His Momma was a wreck, and I felt so close to blowing my brains out in front of all of them. Like that would make it right.

Every OTG was present, even some GL3 came around. That was one thing about Trey: everybody loved him. He shoulda had a better life than these trenches.

I feel like I'm the only one who wasn't crying. Not yet. Not in front of them. I needed to be strong.

Every step towards the open casket made my legs heavier. I wore a long dark coat that whipped around in the wind behind me as I moved like I was a Caped Crusader or some shit. I managed to reach the casket.

There he was lying. His eyes were closed and he looked so peaceful, but I know that wasn't really the case.

That night I'd been the one to drag his body back, and the way he'd looked, I almost dropped to my knees at the sight.

He was only fifteen, his eyes had been wide open in terror, his mouth twisted in a silent scream, and his stomach...God in Heaven, there'd been so many bullet holes, so much blood...

But he'd been cleaned up since then, and he looked better, like he'd died peacefully. The only kind of death he deserved.

I reached out and pressed my palm to the side of the cold casket.

I promise I'ma never leave y'all.

My heart shattered inside me, and my eyes squeezed shut, tears threatening to spill out. No...I made sure not to cry. Not yet.

I didn't stay for the rest of the service. I just silently stalked out of Church, I left what was left of my heart behind as well.

No lines this time. I was finna kill everybody.

My phone was heavy in my hand as I looked down at the screen. I watched that video several times and finally figured out who was in the video.

Jeffrey Tate. YoungBoy brother. Don Dada ain't gon' be able to save his bitch ass brother this time.

Nigga wanted to live by the gun, he was gon' die by the gun.

And that's on Trey.

_______________________________
I ain't updated in a while, I just been in a whole zone these days.

But here it is. I'm going on some Game of Thrones type shit where even the bad guys have reasons for doing their fucked up shit.

So do y'all relate better with Carter now or what 🤔

Oh and in case you ain't noticed, Carter got some mental health issues which is why he keeps thinking all those triggering thoughts 🤕

Vote and comment, for real I ain't playing 😐