9 🥀: Santana

Janika Starr 💫:

I was rushing over to B house. I just heard about the shootout and I gotta check on him and make sure he good.
I knew he'd be fine though, he prolly used to this shit already and isn't even phased.

Still, that's my baby. So I gotta make sure.

I'd turned another bend when I first started to notice them. Men in dark clothes lurking everywhere; there was one by an ice cream stand, one reading a newspaper on the bench, and one leaning against a wall with a cigarette like a bum.

Every now and then, they'd glance over at me and try to look inconspicuous.

I pretended not to notice, but I started walking faster. Damn, those opps couldn't be after me to, could they? Then again, no lines are uncrossable in this game.

I would know...

Shaking the thoughts out my head, I glance around to see if I'm still being watched. I didn't see shit, but then I heard a second set of footsteps right behind me.

Before I got a chance to run, a large hand wrapped over my mouth, stopping me from screaming. Then I was grabbed and hauled into an empty alleyway.

I was shoved roughly against the wall so hard I banged my head against the brick.

There was two of 'em, wearing the same dark clothes. I ain't recognize them, but they seemed too old to be some small town opps. Maybe they were paid to kidnap me.

Then one of em said, "Tell El Diablo that Big Mav wants his one, or he gon' pay"--my eyes widened when I seen him pull a pocketknife, and before I could react, he'd make a swift sharp cut my arm making me grunt--"in blood."

"Bitch ass motherfuckers," I cussed before spitting at they feet. Not exactly smart, but my Daddy was gon' kill 'em if they touched me again.

The back of his hand connected soundly with my jaw and I dropped to my knees, eyes wide in shock.

"Lil bitch. Learn yo' place. Daddy ain't here ta save you now."

I ain't need him to save me, if they only knew...but that was the old me. Everything changed.

They walked off, leaving me alone panting on the ground, blood dripping softly from my bottom lip.

I stayed that way for a few more minutes before pulling myself up to my feet. And I made a turn to go back home. Maybe I'd see B tomorrow, but these bitch ass niggas got me fucked up.

A few people glanced my way as I walked back home, and I guess my bottom lip must got a bit swollen, but I ignored all of em.

The moment I stepped into the house Devon ass was at my front squinting at my face.

He exploded when his eyes reached my mouth. "Fuck did this to you?!"

I opened my mouth to speak, but Momma and Daddy walked in at that exact moment. They froze when they seen my face.

"They said, Big Mav wants his one with you or you gon' pay in blood."

"So he already here?" Momma demanded, whirling on Daddy. "The Rouge ain't safe nomo'. We gotta move again, this can't happen, my daughter--"

"No, ma." Everyone looked to me with confused expressions. My eyes were empty of any sort of feeling. Them niggas done fucked up, I'mma make sure they asses pay.

"I think it's time," I said coldly.

"What do you mean--" Momma started but Daddy and Devon had looks of realization on their faces.