5 🥀: Glad You Back Home

Janika Starr 💫:

When I got home, Daddy was still there. He was sat on the couch wringing his fingers like he was nervous.

His eyes snapped up when I came in and he practically jumped out his seat.

"Blue Jay," he breathed out, and my heart twisted. He ain't called me Blue Jay since I was a kid.

He reached forward to hug me but j stepped around him. "No, just...just give me an explanation."

I ignored the hurt look that crossed his face and crossed my arms. He nodded and gestured to the couch where he was sitting on. "You might wanna sit down for this."

I sighed and listened to him. Deciding to be petty, I picked the couch on the other end of the room and plopped down, crossing my legs.

Dad sat down opposite me. "So, you probably thought I was dead," he said making me scoff.

"Well I want you to understand why we did what we had to do."

I rolled my hand in a gesture for him to continue. Daddy ain't never really minded my disrespect, he said he liked a feisty woman, and right now I was pushing my luck. But seeing how this nigga wanna just fake his own death and not tell nobody, I think I'm entitled to just a little disrespect.

"Everything your Momma told you bout me is probably true. I was a Crip back then, and I did get into a lotta trouble with them. They wanted me dead. So I had to disappear and make em think I was."

I burst out.  "That ain't mean you couldn't have told me. Y'all ain't needed ta lie, I would've understood."

He shook his head. "Just knowledge of my whereabouts was dangerous enough, and I didn't know how long I needed to disappear. And I know you, you impulsive. Ian want you to come looking for me cause they could've been watching you too."

"Right but you told Devon bitch ass. Where he and Momma at anyways?" I looked around, noticing I didn't see them.

"Your Momma fell asleep in the guest room. And Devon went out to look for you, I think."

Good, let him get lost in the Rouge for a little while, ole snake ass.

I sighed, calming down from my anger despite myself. "So why you here na?"

He looked nervous again. "Them Crips done figured I'm still alive. Two of their boys came after me bout a month ago. That's why I had to convince your Momma to bring y'all outchea. We need to be together for this."

"We could've been did that, but you wanna fuck around and play Casper or some shit!"

He looked a bit mad now, and I felt a bit scared despite myself. But then he sighed and said, "We a family. I shouldn't be keeping secrets from y'all. As for my son, he only found out about me a month ago, and he lost his mind and wanted to go look for me. I had to call him myself and explain everything, and ya Momma made sure he didn't tell nobody. Especially you. I'm sorry."

"Mmhmm." I picked at my nails. "Well it's whatever. I'm going back out."

I stood up, and he looked shellshocked. "That's it?" he asked. "I assume you have more questions, or wanna catch up on--"

"Nope," I said. They been lied to me about everything, it's gon' take more than a half ass apology to just make me forget.

I made to walk out, but stopped as my hand reached for the doorknob, considering. I turned back at Daddy's guilt-stricken face and said, "Glad you back home, Dad."

I walked out without giving him a chance to reply.

BWay Yungy 🦇🖤:
"Wait, I'm confused, you tripping over a kiss?" K6's eyes furrowed in confusion.

I on the other hand was barely able to form full sentences without thinking back to that kiss. Not our first, but this one was different.... Shit, I am tripping.

"I ain't tripping," I flexed. "It's whatever."

"Right." Kayy was giving me a knowing smile, making me roll my eyes. "Anyways, you up for a ride."

"Shit, I'm down. But I need to stop by tha studio lata'"

"Aight bet. Let's go den."

I stood up with him and as we made our way out I pulled out my phone, staring at Nika's contact.

After a second I texted sum I never text any hoe, I miss you.

And the weirdest part? I really meant that shit.

______________________________
Another short chapter, I'll try and do better y'all 😔

Anyways, shoot me ideas cuz if ion come up with sum I'ma have to start speeding shit till I finish this book early 😒

And should I add Deegoblaaa to the book or...💁🏽‍♂️

Vote and comment y'all, Ian playing 😤😘