Chapter 34: Readjust

(Author LeviAndErenAreMine's note): This is a special chapter for hotmfs!

It had taken a while but I had finally readjusted to the life here in the Survey Corps HQ. It seemed that many people knew me and it sort of hurt that I didn't know or recognise them anymore. It didn't really hit me so hard but I caught feelings for the Captain. From what I heard from Hange we were close before I went missing and it turns out he was the one who brought me back to the HQ.

After getting a bit of help and training from Mikasa. It seemed that I was an excellent Cadet who soared gracefully with the 3DMG. I had lots of fun with the iconic trio; Sasha, Connie and Jean. Those three along with me, always got into trouble but the captain always let us off the hook. I get really nervous around Eren he's always gloomy and talking about freedom like a bird locked in a cage. Mikasa reassures me that Eren is a nice kid but I'm always having second thoughts. Armin on the other hand was lovely! He was such a nice comforting person who had big dreams. I too like Eren wish to let Armin's dream of seeing the blue ocean come true.

I was reading a book I got so lost into it while thinking about some of the cadets around the area.

"Y/n".

"Huh?" I looked up from my book and met a pair of blue-grey eyes. "Oh- Uh-, Greeting Heichou!"

"At ease, Zateng." He mumbled before seating himself next to me in the library. "How are you? Are you readjusting to life around the Scout HQ?"

"Yes...I recognise a lot and have gotten use to many things and people." I quickly answered his question to not waste too much of his time.

"I- I'm glad that's going well for you Y/n. But, do you perhaps remember me?" Levi suddenly dulled and looked deeply into my e/c eyes.

"I'm sorry, Heichou, but I really can't remember that far. It gives me sudden headaches that I can't bare." I apologised to the sad captain and felt guilty all of a sudden.

"N-no, not at all! It's not your fault, no pressure. Just relax and feel comfortable." The Captain rested his hands on my shoulder before he left, head hanging low.

I felt so heavy in my heart though it was beating rapidly. Were we really close back then? How come I can't remember it. I can only remember the boy I loved so dearly. I pulled out the folded paper out of my brown jacket. I really want to find him. I still haven't after many years.

"Hey uh, Y/n. Do you wanna have some....steak." A voice whispered from behind me but I immediately knew who it belonged to.

"Sasha." I said sternly and looked at her in disbelief. "OF COURSE!"

"Shh!" Jean and Connie appeared behind her. "Let's go then!"

I smiled at them and we sneaked out the library in hopes to eat our steak.

~

After a bit of walking my curiosity had gotten to me, "Hey, is there anyone else gonna be there?"

"Uh, Duh! You may not remember Y/n but once a month we have this dinner party or like a buffet and everyone in the Scouts/Survey Corps are there!" Sasha exclaimed with her arms waving in the air and she suddenly reminded me of Hange.

"So the Captain, Section Commander and Commander Smith are going to be there as well?" I received two nods and an okay hand symbol. Well this is going to be interesting!

As we kept on walking it kept on getting darker. My legs hurted a bit but the excitement of having a full meal kept me moving. From the distance I could see a cabin or large stable with lights sprouting out from any exit. I assume that is where we are having dinner, far from the other regiments and branches. As we grew closer I could hear the saliva drop from Sasha's mouth, heavy growls from Jean and sharp knives scraping against each other from Connie. I thought, this is really crazy.

We were greeted by Armin and Eren at the door who gave us a paper plate with tissues and recyclable utensils. Though I knew Connie wouldn't need it or even Sasha who would probably eat with her hands. I followed behind Jean as we entered the lit up cabin and the aura of food immediately made my mouth water. I looked around and saw all the cadets here and I guess the superiors would arrive a bit late. I shrugged, more food for me!

Juicy tender steak, roasted cheesy potatoes, mixes of pasta and spaghetti, soda's and cake slices, party hats and even alcohol.

"Hold up." I stopped a cadet who was older than me. 

"Are we allowed to drink?" They gave me a nod before they walked away to their group of friends.

I moved away from the glasses of alcohol, champagne, beer, wine or any sort of alcoholic drink. Tonight, I won't be doing any drinking.

~

"PARTY IS ON!!!" I jumped onto the tables and danced like no tomorrow.

"You get it GURL!" Hange cheered me on as she climbed on the table and danced with me.

I don't remember how I started drinking but I know for a fact that nobody would mind and that it was Hange's doing. It was my first time taking shots and everything but it couldn't be that bad right?

But from the door entrance I didn't notice angry daggers sending to Hange and the cadets who brought more drinks to me.

To be Continued...

953 Words