Chapter 20- Omlettes and Cuddles

I stumbled down the stairs and waddled to the front door rubbing my eyes to the sound of my doorbell being repeatedly rang. 'Im coming!' I yelled grouchily. I opened the door to find James leaning against the frame, 'hey!' James smiled enthusiastically. My eyes widened as I remember that I was wearing Santa pj bottoms and a massive hoodie.
'How are you this awake?' I laughed.
'Morning beautiful,' he cupped my cheeks kissing my forehead before walking past me, letting himself in, walking into the living room. I smiled to myself before going to sit next to him. 'Is your Nan about?'
'No she's out, that woman has a better social life than I do!' I laughed cuddling up to James on the sofa. I turned on the TV and watched the rubbish breakfast shows. We had changed cuddle positions, so his head was on my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair to push his hair off of his face. My stomach rumbled and James laughed as his ear was pressed up against my stomach. 'Hungry?' He chuckled.
'Yeah,' I laughed, 'fancy an omelette?' I asked.
'I always fancy an omelette.'

We got all of the ingredients that we had and put them on the counters. I started making James his omelette. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in tight. 'You know what's soon don't you?' He asked with his chin on my shoulder.
'Ed Sheeran,' I beamed.
'Thats right,' he smiled. I put my hand on the other side of his head. 'Still can't believe you got them for me.'
'Well believe it.' We carried on cooking and ate them at the table sitting opposite each other. James tweeted a photo of them, I think he was pretty impressed with my omelette skills. It's about the only thing I can cook!
'Absolutely lovely, thank you honey.'
'No problem,' I smiled starting the washing up.
'No let me do that,' he brought his plate over and I shook my head, 'well at least let me do the drying.' He grabbed a tea towel hitting me around the bum and I jumped out of my skin sending him into hysterics.

-

We were cuddled up on the sofa watching some chick flick, I took his hand in mine examining it. 'Do you have to go to America next week?' I asked drawing circles in his palm.
'Yeah,' he sighed deeply, 'I'm sorry but I'll miss you,' he wrapped his arms around me squeezing me protectively.
'Ill miss you too,' I sighed into his chest, 'you know summers coming to an end...'
'Aaand,' he dragged.
'What happens next?' I asked.
'What do you mean?' He sat up to look at me.
'You don't do this every summer do you? Find some girl on holiday she goes back home and then you forget all about her?' I felt my eyes go glossy.
'Awh honey no,' he cupped my face, 'of course I don't. Here's what happens next, your going to go to uni because you're a little brain box and when I'm not working I can come and stab with you and you can come down here when you can and we can meet up in London. We are going to make it work.' I felt myself smile from ear to ear. I didn't need to say no more I gently kissed his lips, 'good,' he lent in smiling into the kiss.
'Ill make sure to book you a plane ticket with me the next time I go abroad,' he smiled.
'Id love to go around the world with you.'
'Well we're going to have to make that happen.'

-

James' phone rang waking us all up making us jump. 'Oh we must have fallen asleep,' James chuckled answering his phone. He made occasional noises and 'yep', 'yeah', 'okay' he untangled himself from me mouthing 'sorry'. He put his hand over the mic so the person on the other end of the phone couldn't hear him, 'Sorry Lucy, I totally forgot I was supposed to send off a load of work to the label this morning.' He put his shoes and I heard the front door bang shut.

-

I was in the middle of watching mean girls when my phone buzzed, it was a message from James. 'Hey Hun, so sorry I had to leave cuddles for work://xxx'
'Don't worry about it:) xxx' I replied straight away.
'How can I make it up to you?xxx' he is so sweet.
'You don't need to make it up to me :'') it's no big deal xxx'
'Oh well I was going to take you out but if it's no big deal...xxx'
'In that case it is a big deal, a MASSIVE deal xxx'
'I will pick you up at 8 xxx'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, thanks for 4k (if I haven't already said that)!
Sorry for any spelling/ grammar mistakes I haven't checked it
Katie xx