Chapter 8 - The Lads

James' P.O.V-

'No I can't sorry, I'm on the train to London, I have to do a label thingy,' I said down the phone turning down Luce's offer to go get pizza again.
'Oh okay I understand,' she said half-hearted, 'but you will be back for Saturday won't you? It's my birthday BBQ thing.'
'Yeah of course I will, wouldn't miss it for the world.'
'Good.' She beamed, we continued to talk for a while about random stuff and what I was actually doing in London.
'Alright, I have to go now it's almost my stop,' I frowned.
'Okay...but Saturday yeah?' She reminded me; like I had forgotten. Although I was excited to be spending more time with her; I was nervous. I mean I don't know anyone else other than her Nan. And her parents were going to be they, what if they were stricter than her Grandmother? And she will probably be going around talking to everyone and I'll be left on my own. And I have to do that whole away are just friends thing again.
'Be there or be square,' I mocked her from the other night.
'Shut up,' she said bluntly, 'oh and James?'
'Yeah?'
'Don't be nervous, Charlotte's boyfriend will be there and he doesn't know anyone so you will always have him and don't worry my family will love you.' She reassured me, somehow she always knew something was up.
'Thanks,' I said smiling before saying our goodbyes.

I stepped off of the train and onto the platform, shuffling my way through the busy London crowd, making my way to the coffee shop where I usually met the other boys when going to London. I got myself a drink and sat down with my suitcase beside me and my backpack at my feet. I sat there thinking about you know who until I hear a familiar voice I trumpeting my thoughts shouting, 'BROTHER, I MISSED YOU!' Getting a few looks from the business-y looking people sat around me looking up from their laptops.
'Hi Tris,' I patted his back in the awkward, tight hug he had forced upon me, my hand reminded me off of a t-Rex. God that boy is cray. I moved my bag aside making space for Tristan and his bags, we started to have a civilised (ish) conversation once he had settled himself down. Then we saw the curly haired one walk in with his leather bag on his shoulder. I knew Tris would go mad; again. 'Oh Bradley,' Tris called in a posh voice, they did this weird hand shake, man hug thing then Tris stole Brad's hat; as per usual. And as before as Tristan settled down we made civilised conversation. After being joined in the coffee shop by our manager Joe and photographer Dean we made our way to the hotel to check in.

After checking in and bringing our bags to our rooms we decided to go for a meal so we could talk about plans. We sat at the table and began to discuss, what songs we had written, what songs we were liking, what covers we want to do, ideas of where to film them, etc. 'I think we really need that fourth member,' Joe stated, 'I know we have briefly spoke about it but we need to seriously start looking.' We all agreed. Then moved onto some less serious stuff. 'So new girl Jems?' Dean joked.
'Oh not you as well, which one told you? Dumb or dumber?' I said looking at Brad and Tris as I said the last bit.
'Wait who's dumb and who's dumber? Brad protested.
'I ain't saying noting mate,' Joe laughed putting his hands up in defence.
'So who is she?' Dean changed the subject back to me, I thought I had gotten away with it.
'She's called Lucy.' I sad simply.
'But he calls her Luce,' Tris butted in, I gave him a look.
'They're friends,' Brad moved is fingers in air quotations as he said it, I just rolled my eyes.
'Look I'm working on it, okay?' I said getting annoyed.
'Woah!' Brad put his arms up in defence, 'cool it, yeah?' He joked causing me to roll my eyes and continued eating my chicken. They continued talking while I finished my meal in silence.

I was sat in bed and I looked around the empty room, I felt kind of lonely which made me miss Lucy but it also made me think about how nice having another band member would be. It would be nice having someone quieter than Tris maybe, I make it out like I can't stand Tris but I love him really. He is my best friend. I texted my Mum to let her know I was okay; she is a worrier and then fell asleep.