Chapter 10- Joining the Band?

Lucy's P.O.V-

I woke up to a text from James, 'morning doofus xxxx'. God it had been a while since he sent it, he was awake early. 'Morning:) you're up early! And oi I'm not a doofus xxxx' I replied rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, sitting up looking at my reflection in the mirror. I looked like a zombie with my messy hair and black eyes from the make-up I never took off. 'I went to the gym and you are but I love you anyways;)'.
Wait did he just say he loves me? No he couldn't of meant it, he probably meant it in a light-hearted, friendly way. After-all he did put a winky face. I replied something awkward but I decide not to address the whole 'love you' situation. Having a shower is probably the best way to sort out this mess I thought looking into the mirror, so I decided to do just that before breakfast.

I sat down at the kitchen table to be greeted by Connor, who was sitting and eating a full-English and Nan making one for me and Charlotte. 'Alright? Have a good sleep?' Connor asked. We spoke for a while he was really funny actually. Somehow he is able to do all of these different accents and weird voices. I found out a bit about him, about his family, school and stuff. He isn't going to university he wants to get into music, to do producing but it has always been his dream to be in a band. 'Oh here she comes,' my Nan joked. Charlotte got on well with my Nan and all of my family really. She knows things about me that only my family know and things they don't! She sat down giving Con a quick side hug and he gave her a peck on the nose. Awh. Charlotte ate her meal without saying much, she has always been bad in the mornings- even worse than me! 'Right, I'm going pop to the corner shop, anyone want anything?' Nan declared.
'No thank you,' Connor smiled- he was always so polite. Nan walked out, grabbing her cardigan off of the stair railing.
'You still up for seeing James?' I asked Con.
'Oh yeah, defiantly!' He replied eagerly.
'Good, do you want me to show you how to get to his house?'
'No I'm fine thanks, I can probably find it by myself.' He smiled.
'Are you sure it can be quite confusing to get to.'
'Oh no we drove past his road on the way here, I think? Anyways I think it's just meant to be me going,'
'I'm sure James wouldn't mind two extra tag alongs.'
'Oh I get it, you want to come see James,' Connor laughed.
'Noo...no. I just want to make sure you find it okay,' I lied, quite obviously.
'Well I guess as you said before it might be quite hard to find,' Con played along sending Charlotte into fits of laughter.

-

'This is it,' I rang the door bell to be greeted by a messy-haired boy in a leather jacket. 'Ew. I wasn't expecting to see you here,' he winked and I walked in and he greeted the others. He led us into the living-room, 'Guys this is my manager Joe,' he pointed at the man sitting on his sofa. 'Joe this is Lucy, Connor the guy I have been telling you about and Charlotte his girlfriend.' He pointed at us in turn. He didn't explain who I was which I found odd, maybe Joe somehow knew who I was. 'To be honest I think I have heard more about Lucy than Connor,' he joked in an accent I couldn't quite out my finger on, this resulted in him being shot a death glare from James which made me giggle.

Charlotte and I were sat on the sofa in the living room watching whatever was on TV, whilst James, Joe and Con were sat at the kitchen island talking 'business'. I could see through the door, hallway and into the kitchen from the sofa. Ever now and again I'd look over and catch James' glimpse, sometimes he'd send me a smile and sometimes he'd look away as if he was pretending he wasn't looking.

James' P.O.V-

I was sat listen to Joe talk 'numbers' but none of it was going in. My mind was filled with Lucy. I tried not to stare at her. She was just watching TV occasionally laughing. I'd smile at her smile. She was so cute. 'James are you even listening?' Joe snapped.
'Yeah...yeah I am,' I lied.
'Well what was I talking about then, eh?'
'Well...urm...just Connor really,' I stuttered.
'Just try to pay attention.'
He started speaking about the album we are writing, the fan base we are building, the summer shows we are playing, how we would ease him in so it wasn't too sudden for the fans. Connor was really funny actually, he was much quieter than all of us, even me, but I'm sure his sense of humour will go down well with Brad and Tris. Me and Con instantly got on well the first day we met even before I found out about his love of music.
'So what are you thinking? Obviously we will give you time to think about it. But you really do seem like our guy after seeing your YouTube covers and speaking to you,' Joe said to Connor.
'Yeah I am really interest, I'd love to but I'll have a talk with my family.'
'Alright, good... We can get you to film a cover with the boys so you can get to meet them and see if you can work together,' Joe suggested. We finished off our conversation and joined the girls.

'You can stay around a while if you like?' I suggested to the group.
'I have gotta get going mate,' Joe said, but the others agreed. Con squeezed into the armchair next to Charlotte snaking his arms around her, kissing her temple and whispering something in her ear. I was happy for them don't get me wrong! But I just wish that I could have such a happy relationship- preferable with Lucy.
'Anyone want a drink?' I asked, taking orders before wandering into the kitchen. 'Hey Lucy can you help me with these?' I shouted, hopefully she would hear and hopefully she would come and not one of the others.
'Can I help you?' She smiled.
'Urm yeah, yeah but..' I sighed, 'yeah errm, are you busy on your birthday?' I said not giving her nah time at all to answer, 'it's fine I understand if you are, I mean it's your birthday. For your family and friends.'
'No not really, I'm going out with Nan in the morning but other then that...' She smiled a smile which soon faded and she furrowed her eyebrows, 'are you okay?'
'Yeah I'm fine, it's just that, just that. What I'm trying to say is do you want to go out somewhere?' I took a sigh of relief finally, managing to get that out.
'What like on a date?' She half smiled.
'If you want it to be...' I rubbed the back of my neck.
'You're doing that cute thing with your neck again,' she smiled, 'I'd love to Jems.' I could see that little dimple of hers, the one you could only see when she was really happy. A dimple I have been seeing much more often. 'Where are we going?' She asked.
'I have an idea. It's a surprise though,' I tapped my nose, winking, suddenly growing in confidence. She laughed.
'Well what should I wear then?'
'Whatever, you look beautiful in anything' I blushed and Lucy looked down. I gently pulled her chin up so then I could look into her gorgeous eyes, 'Seriously Lucy,' I stated using her proper name so she could see how serious I was. I left my hand there -on the side of her cheek. Then she reached up, putting hers on top of mine.
'Thanks James,' she also used my full name to show her sincerity.
'What are you doing we only asked for a cup of tea?' Charlotte shouted from the other room. Luce and I laughed slightly as we stood in the kitchen, looking into each others eyes, hands connected. We picked up the now warm cups of tea off of the kitchen counter and joined the others in the living room. They were giggling. They probably heard it all, but it don't care I'm going on a official date with Lucy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys, thanks for reading!
I know I haven't got that many reads but I didn't expect to get any at all so thank yooou!!1!!
I changed my twitter name so if you want to follow me it's @vampsxsugg on twitter
Let me know your opinions on my new cover
Katie:)
Xxxxxxxxx