Chapter 7- Pizza, right?

Lucy's P.O.V-

I was at work with Bert, it was about 3 o'clock so the lunch rush had finished. I felt my phone vibrate in the pocket of my grey ripped jeans. I checked to see if Bert was looking before unlocking my phone to see a message from James 'hey, you alright?xxxx' It read it had a picture attached; I opened it. It was a double-chin selfie. I smiled a bit trying not to laugh, I was supposed to be working. 'Hahaha! Yeah but I'm at work Jeeems I'm supposed to be working, gawwd!;)xxxx' I quickly replied back before continuing to pour the sprinkles or whatever I was doing before. 'I'll see you soon then, yeah?xxxx' he replied seconds later. 'I look forward to;) I really have to go now byee xxxx' I quickly texted trying not to make any typos. And then carried on what I was doing before.

-

I finished work and made my way home. I was sat on my laptop scrolling through Facebook looking at photos of all the 'sick' festivals and 'crazy' parties the people who I went to school with had been to. I was sick of seeing it, I shut down my laptop. My phone vibrated, 'Hi Jem,' I smiled, even though I knew he couldn't see me.
'Heyy gurrl,' he replied in a weird voice and we both laughed.
'What was that?' I laughed.
'I'm not sure how I managed to get my voice that high,' he laughed back, I missed his laugh. It's been two days since I saw him last, that day were I met his Mum. He had stayed at Tristan's last night so I didn't get to see him or even talk to him much.
'So do you want to do something tonight?' He said changing the subject.
'Umm not really,' I tried to keep a straight face.
'Oh. Are you busy?' He said, I could tell he was worried.
'No, I just don't really want to see you anymore,' I really tried not laugh, I was joking of course but I couldn't help but feel bad.
'Oh, w..well,' he stuttered, making me feel instantly bad, 'I thought we were getting on well but I suppose if you don't feel the same, I guess then, errm.' I could hear a slightly shaky voice.
'No, no James I was joking,' I heard a sigh of relief, 'but I'm glad you feel the same as I do.' I smiled, it felt a bit risky saying it.
'Good, I meant what I said before, you know' he said simply.
'And I meant what I said,' I smiled down the phone, 'anywayssss, so tonight?'
'Oh yeah... what do you want to do?' He asked, I just think he was happy and relived to hear what I said before.
'I don't know really?'
'Actually I have an idea, pick you up at six?' He asked, it was sweet how he could come up with all of these cute ideas of stuff to do, although I didn't know what he was planning, it being James was likely to be cheesy and cute.
'Sounds like a plan,' I smiled.
'Great, well I'll see you in 1 hours annnd...46 minutes.'
'Be there or be square,' I cringed at myself as soon as I said it, why am I so awkward? He laughed.
'Oh and you like pizza right?' He asked.
'Of course, who doesn't?' I laughed and he laughed, we both laughed.
'Okay good, good.' He chuckled.
'Okay well I better go put a tshirt on then, bye.' In my head I thought, um no you don't, but I thought best not to say. Had to hold myself back.
'Oh before you go, what should I wear?' I questioned.
'Whatever, you look lovely whatever you wear,' he said making my heart melt.
'Awh Jems,' I smiled.
'Its true, but yeah just wear whatever nothing fancy,' I could he was smiling, 'well I better get ready, bye'
'Bye,' I made a kissing noise like 'mwah' I didn't mean to, I shouldn't have. I regretted it instantly.
'Right back at ya,' he said before hanging up, making me blush.

-

I heard a knock at the door. I picked up my phone and purse and put them in my jacket pocket, giving myself one last glance in the mirror before running down the stairs. I opened the door to see a nice looking James. I gave him a quick look. He was wearing a short sleeved button up shirt with the sleeved rolled but the buttons were done up all the way to the top for a change, black jeans (obviously ripped) and some black converse. He looked good, to say the least. 'Hey, alright?' He smiled.
'Yeah you?' (A/N YEAH YOU) I smiled, 'bye Nan,' I shouted closing the door behind me.
'Yeah I'm good thanks, you look lovely by the way,' He said opening the little gate for me, a like the lil gentleman he is, making me blush- again.
'Um, urm.. Thanks,' I stuttered.
'You do. Seriously.' He said again.
'Jems I'm just wearing vans and jeans,' I reddened.
'I know,' he smiled looking over me again before opening up my side of the car door to real the box of pizza sitting on my seat. 'You are a godsend McVey,' I said picking up the pizza, sitting down and putting it on my lap. He started up the chair, driving to where ever we were going. 'Just going to stare at the box?' He laughed, 'open it.' I opened the box to see a laavly mozzarella pizza. It smelt too good. I grabbed a slice out of the box. It tasted too good. He grabbed a slice trying to look at the road. 'Mmhmm,'he took a bite, 'I guess one cheat day isn't too bad,' he winked.