Chapter 21- Car Boots

Lucy's P.O.v-

'What should I wear?x' I text James.
'Anything beautiful x' he replied almost instantly.

There weather was quite nice all day so I decided not to go too too warm. I kept the ripped, blue denim shorts that I was already wearing. I threw a loose jumper, that shows one shoulder, with a plain vest top underneath.

The doorbell rang, 'I'll get it!' I called to my Nan running down the stairs. I slowed down as I approached the door not wanting to seem too eager. 'Hey,' I smiled opening the door, he bent down to hug me. 'Bye Mary!' James shouted to Nan.
'Take good care of my little girl, won't you?' She shouted back.
'Will do!' He replied in the same volume.
'I know you will,' I heard her mutter. It made me smile, knowing that she likes James and trusts him.

'Awh I love your Nan,' he smiled putting his arm around the small of my back as we walking out of the front garden and to his car. 'Yeah she's definitely one of a kind,' I paused, 'so where are we going?'
'You sound like Dora The Explorer or something,' he joked, 'where are we going?' He sang the song from the television programme. 'Seriously where?'
'You'll soon see Dora,' he smirked.

We pulled over to the same spot on the side of the road that we had been to before. It gave us an amazing view of the sun setting over the sea. 'This should do it, nothing too special,' he stopped the car and looked over to me. 'It looks perfect,' I gazed into his eyes unsure whether I was taking about the sunset or him. 'Ive got a beautiful view too,' he looked at me with his back to the water, showing who he was talking about. I felt my cheeks blushing. 'You're cute,' he smiled in admiration, he kissed me gently.
'You're so perfect,' I said softly.
'No I'm not,' he laughed.
'No you are, there must be a down side, maybe some sort of switch,' I patted him down pretending to look for a switch.
'Come on you lil rat we can't just sit in the car all night,' he stepped out of the car.

He opened up the boot of the car and he climbed, 'care to join?' He patted the space next to him. I joined him in a cuddle. We lay there chatting away while he played with my hair. I love how I can talk to him about serious stuff and I get that lump in my throat but at points I cry with laughter. 'Im going to miss you,' I said as the laughter died down, he looked saddened, 'but that doesn't mean I don't want you to go honey,' I gently massaged his shoulder, 'I'm so proud of you.'
'Awh baby,' he smiled with slightly watery eyes, 'I finally feel like we are getting somewhere with the band, I'm living my dream.' I smiled at his pride, 'I'm not just talking about the band,' he kissed me, not gently like earlier. Like the other day where it was just me and him in the beach.

I woke up with my face pressed against James' chest. 'Oops sorry I think I may have dribbled a little bit,' I jokingly tried to wipe his shirt, secretly feeling the body underneath it, 'you can just save that for later,' I added.
'Thats okay,' he laughed.
'How long was I out for?' I asked.
'About 30 minutes,' he smiled.
'Did you go asleep?'
'No,' he laughed,
'Well what did you do then?' I laughed back.
'I just looked at you,' he said shyly scratching the back of his neck.
'Really?' I looked at him with big eyes, 'creep,' I said bluntly and tried to keep in my laughter but couldn't hold it in.
'Yeah,' he smirked, 'anyway... I better be getting you back it'd really dark.'

We sang in the car to whatever came on the radio, there is something about cars that makes me want to sing. I didn't even care if he is waaaay better at singing than me. 'Maybe we should make a slight detour,' he turned off of the road and parked outside of Dominos pizza.
'Thats ma boy,' I joked as he got out of the car.

He tapped on the window making me jump, I winded it down. 'Just the usual?' He poked his head through the window frame.
I cupped his face and planted a kiss on his nose, 'yes pwease.'
'Kay be right back,' he grabbed my hand lettering it go as he walked away.

James drove us down to the sea front car park. We sat eating our pizza, listening to the music looking at the moon light reflecting over the water. I looked to my right and saw the street light shining an outline around James' perfect side profile. 'I love you,' I lent over, kissing his cheek.
'I love you too Lucy loo,' he smiled, 'you gave me a pizza cheek,' he looked in the wing mirror wiping his cheek.
'Lets see,' I said as he turned and I wiped some tomato on his face laughing.
'You little rat, come here,' he moved the empty pizza box onto the dash board and tickled me, trying to wipe his cheek on me. I wiggled around, with the gear stick pocking into me, James lent on the wheel and the horn beeped. We both jumped out of our skins and lent back in fits of laughter.
'Come on let's get you home.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HEY GUYS!
Thanks so much for reading, voting and commenting
Lemme know if there is anything that you'd like to see James and Lucy do
Katie x