Chapter 94

Detective Stamos

"We need to close the portal to the Underworld."

"I'm so glad you're here."

Time's Square is on fire, and monsters are crawling out of cracks in the ground, only to be cut down by the kids and their friends and their kids. Not all of them are even ours. One guy has a bride of ice over the chasms in the ground, while people with swords rush over it. There's a wolf that appears to be on our side. Multiple people are throwing fire balls. Isa and his daughter have barricades going. Arrows are flying everywhere, and Luke and his kids are using waves to wash the creatures into the sound. One kid is just punching a Chimera to death looks like its working too. Dean is here wrapping vines around things. It goes without saying Thyme is having a fucking field day.

"Take this---he can counter all of our movements because we aren't mortal, you are," Rhea shouts, over the din of the battle. He holds out another rune stone.

"Right, what do you need?" I ask.

"Hold this---go to the center and press it into the earth. He won't know you're doing it and it'll keep more from coming," Rhea says.

"Am I gonna survive?" I ask, nodding.

"Survive as long as you can, no matter what you do don't move, we'll die quicker that way—now go I need to warn the kids," he says, squeezing my hand a little as he presses the stone into it. I grip his unnaturally warm fingers for a half a moment.