💮○An Awaited Guest○💮

Your POV

"Thanks for driving me home, Mina." I removed my seat belt and slightly opened the car door only for her voice to stop me mid-way.

"Are you sure that you want to go back in there? From what you told us, I can just call the police and say that you were robbed while we went out to pick up fabric for my mom's dress." She sounded desperate. Begging for me to reconsider my choices.

"A-as much as a good cover it is, I-I can't afford any more risks knowing what father is capable of." I said to her.

"Look, I understand that you're afraid, but I'm also afraid of your safety knowing that your dad is a complete psycho!" She argued.

"Exactly." I stated, "And if anything happens, I'll risk not seeing you again because of him. I need to go back in there."

"..." She sighs in frustration with her thumb tapping on the wheel and looks at me, "I'm one call away if anything goes too far. Remember that you're not alone."

"I know." I smiled at her.

She pulls me over and leans in for a warm embrace, "Please be safe.."

"..I will.. Don't worry." I softly spoke.

"Promise me you'll call if you're in trouble, Y/n." She says as releases me.

"Promise." I said, "Cross my heart. Hope to die."

We both gave a reassuring smiles and sighed as we turned to look at the house. Fear and anxiety were running through our veins.

I opened the car door and waved her good bye.

She still stayed, making sure I go inside safely and in case father shows up behind me so she can make an excuse as to why I was out. She was always the most precaution type out of everyone.

I walked passed the driveway and made my way to the front door to disarm the security system and turn it back on once I was fully inside. I went to the living room, walking passed the broken glass that had not disappeared when I left, and looked through the window to see Mina already beginning to drive off.

Be careful Mina..

Looking back at the broken glass, realization had hit me when father was about to come home and there was still cleaning up to do.

"Crap!" I quickly ran to the kitchen and grabbed the broom to clean up any broken glass, wash the dishes, and check the attic for any valuable of some sort.

How much time do I have!?

I looked at the clock and saw that I at least still have some time left before he even got home.

Time skip

I swept up every last dust that was left in this empty space

I swept up every last dust that was left in this empty space. There isn't much, but it doesn't really matter since father only said to look. As a matter in fact, I'm pretty sure he was still out with this Carol woman. So far, he's been seeing her for at least a month now while she works, he brings in other women whenever she's busy from work.