Chapter 7 | Picking Up Strays

KAKASHI HAD CHANGED. A few months ago he wouldn't even bat an eye at the unconscious– almost dead looking teenager? The kid looked around that age, though he could also be in his mid twenties or so, he was laying on top of a cardboard box, in the alleyway Kakashi would normally walk straight by on the way towards his apartment.

A few months ago he certainly wouldn't wake the kid up and offer him to bring him back to his apartment.

He'd become soft.

The kid could barely walk, but the Hatake couldn't Shunshin them both into his apartment in broad daylight– that'd be him basically asking for trouble, so he chose to help the kid by holding him up by his shoulder while they walked.

Maybe he should invest in a car, that would certainly help when he was picking up strays like this.

::

The kid was jumpy, maybe he would've been able to hide it if the person who picked him up wasn't a high ranking Shinobi, but unfortunately for him, the Hatake was just that.

He had the kid hop in the shower immediately. Living on the streets wasn't ideal for hygiene.

Once the kid was in the shower, he created a Shadow Clone to make a quick run to the store for some burn salve. The Hatake had many first aid kits and made sure to stock up on them regularly, even if he didn't have to use them quite as much these days, but the kid had severe scarring that he couldn't have been able to take care of because of his living arrangements and Kakashi would make sure that that wouldn't be the case from now on.

His Clone came back only moments before the kid finished his shower, exiting the bathroom in the clothes he gave him.

Kakashi told the kid to sit down in one of the dining tables wooden chairs, the kid making quick work of it and awkwardly settling down on it. The Hatake smiled down at the kid and started the first conversation they'd have.

"So kid, what do you want to eat?" He'd grown rather adapt at cooking since landing in this world. At first it was because he couldn't stand eating take out all the time, and later on he became quite fond of it. It became a nice past time. The kid looked up at him and tried to talk, but coughed before he could get the words out. Kakashi quickly filled a glass of water and gave it to the kid, who drank it greedily.

"Thank you." Sage damn the kid's voice was raspy as fuck, did he come out the womb smoking? "No problem, what are we eating?" The kid played with the glass and frowned as he said "I shouldn't eat before sex."

What? Oh no.

Cue internal panic. The kid thought he brought him here to have sex? Or did he think he only helped him out just so he could fuck him after? Kakashi didn't know how to deal with this shit, normally he ignores problems till they go away, but he couldn't do that right now and chose to do the next best thing: shove them onto someone else.

The Hatake sighed and crouched on the floor after biting his thumb. "Summoning Jutsu!" Only Pakkun, Bisuke and Akino appeared. He didn't want to intimidate the kid with Bull or Urushi, who would do just that.

"Yo boss. Who's this?" Pakkun walked over to the gaping kid, who muttered a casual "What the fuck?" under his breath. "Take care of the kid while I make some food. Answer his questions." Bisuke walked towards the kid as well while Akino chose to join the Hatake in the kitchen. "You eat ramen?" He made some noodles from scratch earlier today for dinner. " With gyoza? Pork?"