Chapter 8 | Housemate

TOUYA STILL DIDNT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON but he just ran with it. He didn't have anywhere to go, really. The old Hatake guy seemed shady as fuck sometimes but he chalked it up to the man's inability to communicate.

The little dog was right and the man had offered to stitch his wounds up. He said that that was all he could do at the moment, but for Touya, it was more than enough. His previously nasty looking wounds were now stitched, so they could hold together without the pathetic staples he used to have instead.

The dude even told him to stay for as long as he wants to, was he a wannabe Hero or something? Who the fuck just lets a stranger they met in an alleyway stay in their house with no payment? He'd been here for a week already and literally hadn't done anything for the guy excluding the average chore or something along the lines, but that wasn't equal to the shit he'd been receiving, so he was readying himself for the worst. He had expected the second and third offer of sex as payment for staying with the man to go over well, but all he said was, and I quote, "Maa, I'm not interested in kids half my age."

Which was absolute bullshit because the white haired fucker didn't even look close to 30, and when he asked for his age all he got was a "Tsk how rude, you've got no manners kid."

::

Five months later and the kid was still a force to be reckoned with. Seriously, Kakashi thought that he was going to get a heart attack one of these days.

The kid was touch starved, much like himself, but instead of dealing with it the way the Hatake had all those years ago –as in, creating unhealthy habits and torturing himself with the memories of his deceased loved ones – the kid chose to be touchy, clingy even.

Most of the time Touya could be found next to the Hatake, or even on top of him, as the kid seemed to like the amount of ah– suffocating he was being when entirely spread starfish mode on top of the Hatake while the man read a book or watched TV.

During those 5 months Touya had gradually become more accustomed to him and the pack. At first he'd been skittish and defensive, ready to bolt out the door the moment he got a bad sign from the Hatake, but over time he had come to trust him. Two months in and he had already told the Hatake his tragic anime backstory. It only took the kid 2 months to become attached to him, wasn't that crazy? Not that Kakashi minded. He himself had come to like the kid, even though he was a real piece of work.

Turns out the kid, Touya, was Todoroki Touya. He'd been pronounced dead after a quote on quote "Training Accident" with his father, Pro-Hero Endeavor.

The way Touya had explained it was scarily similar to the way Sasuke used to talk about Itachi. That wouldn't necessarily be a problem if it wasn't his younger brother, Shoto, who he had been talking about. He had paused the kid in the middle of that and talked it out. It seemed their father had took to training Shoto instead of him, because of his "Failed Quirk" and Touya took affront to that.

Their mother had also been thrown around and slapped quite a few times when she was still in the house. She had later on been thrown in a mental hospital due to an accident with the youngest kid, an accident which resulted in a permanent scar on the kid's face.

The mother had basically been breeding cattle. They had quite a few of those cases in Konoha and the other Hidden Villages, it was quite normal then. If they had found a person with a rare bloodline, then fuck it, what was a human's rights when you could strengthen your village with their children? The Shinobi had to then do their best to incapacitate but not kill the person of interest.

Ah anyways– he had been in this world and became part of its society already, and so he knew that the way the kid and his siblings had been treated was child abuse.

He didn't tell the kid his backstory, he wasn't quite ready yet. The kid wasn't as patient as Shouta though, and took to annoying the Hatake for the rest of the week till he spilled at least a few of his secrets.

So on a particularly lazy Sunday, Kakashi decided it wouldn't hurt to divulge a bit of his past. While the kid was lying down on the couch with his head in the Hatake's lap, he told him about Sakumo, his old teammates, his old sensei, and their deaths. He told the kid about failing his Genin team and how they managed to prosper without any of his help. He told the kid about Gai and how much he meant to him (something he'd never quite been able to tell the man himself). The kid was silent throughout the entire ordeal, choosing to stay still.

Then he said "So Gai huh, what, do you have a crush on him? That why you rejected me so hard?" And the Hatake couldn't help it, he laughed so hard the kid almost fell out of his lap.

Sage. He'd grown attached to the the kid as well.

super filler my bad
just want to make sure their relationship/dynamic is known

should kakashi heal dabi? you decide
^ if he's able to heal everything> no scars woo
^ if he can't> adds a lot 2 the story
^ if he does what he can> all of the above

GUYS I FUCKED UP ON THE TIMELINE MY BAD SO LISTEN UP FROM NOW ON ITS:
- KAKASHI AND TOUYA MET AFTER HE MET SHOUTA -> I'll have to edit the chapter where Shouta complains about mido!