Chapter 13 | Curiosity

AIZAWA COULD COMFORTABLY SAY THAT HE WAS INFATUATED WITH HATAKE. He couldn't deal with this much longer though.

He was in Kakashi's bedroom at the moment. The man was asleep with his head was on Shouta's arm. Shouta on the other hand, was awake and thinking about Kakashi. His past to be precise.

There were times when the man would act like a fucking soldier. He checked any room they were in for ins and outs, stood at attention whenever there was a suspicious sound and would even wake up at the earliest fucking time!

Okay maybe the last one was a stretch, but still.

Ex-Military? It would explain a lot. Why he wasn't comfortable talking about it and tiptoes around the subject so much.

But even so, didn't he have a life before the military that he could talk about?

Maybe Shouta was overreacting, it wasn't like he would force Kakashi into speaking of his past if it was so... traumatic, but he felt as if there was an invisible wall between them.

There was of course a possibility that the Hatake could've been a retired Pro-Hero or maybe even a Villain, but the idiot's name didn't come up in either their Hero or Villain databases. Trust him, he checked. The worst crimes the man committed were jay-walking and speeding. An honorable citizen.

That being said, the Hatake name didn't come up in their military registration either. He could've been one of the high-ranking ones though, the ones whose names were changed after their time on the field.

Now he was just reaching. He couldn't help it though, he was curious.

Shouta was snapped out of his thoughts when the man on his shoulder moved his head and dug his face into his chest. Wow what a child. "You up?" Kakashi hummed.

"I heard you thinking all the way here." Ah. Oops? Shouta huffed. "Mind your business." The Hatake hummed again and wrapped his arms around the black haired male. "What do you wanna know?"

Caught.

Aizawa buried his face into his lover's hair. "I was just thinking about your past." The man in his arms gave no physical reaction. He only hummed. "You said you'd tell me when you're ready." He tapped the Hatake on his back. "I did." He replied. Shouta's eye twitched, annoyed. "Are you?" He hummed once more and tightened his grip on Shouta. "Maa. If you were that curious I would've told you already." Shouta huffed. "Bastard." The other squeaked indignantly. "I'll have you know my parents were wed before they had me!" He bit the black haired male on his collar.

Shouta tried to push the dog off of him. "Stop that! You idiot!" The other just bit harder. Shouta sighed and let it happen. No use in trying anything when he knew he couldn't get the man off of him.

"Will you believe me?" The Hatake dug his face into his lover's neck again. Shouta frowned. "What do you mean Kakashi? Of course I'll believe you." What kind of question was that? "Unless you tell me you're a knight or something, that's not a possibility." The other chuckled. "You sure you wanna know?" Shouta frowned again, now annoyed, he bonked the Hatake on his head. "Ouch. That really hurt Shouta." Fake teary eyes looked up at him. He honked the man again. "Tell me before I kick you off this bed." The Hatake clicked his tongue. "Psycho."

::

Kakashi wasn't sure how to go over telling his lover everything. Should he lie? He was a Shinobi after all. He shook his head, no. He wouldn't lie to Shouta. Would he tell the entire truth? He looked up at the man in his arms. Shouta looked at him with a frown and tried to get his arms off from around him.

Ah, he would tell this man everything.

"Get with it Hatake." Sage, how impatient. "Alright, alright." He took a deep breath. "I'll tell you about my Village first, my birthplace." The black haired man tilted his head. "Village?" He hummed. "Village. It was named Konohagakure No Sato." Shouta nodded, a gesture to go on with his story. "Has a long history behind it, I won't get into that right now, you can ask me about the details later." The other hummed. Wow way to steal his thing.

"It was a military run Village. One person had the most say in it, the leader of Konoha, we called them the Hokage." Shouta started drawing circles on his back. "I was born during the Third Hokage's reign. His name was Hiruzen Sarutobi, a good man, but ultimately still a Kage." Hiruzen Sarutobi had gained his ire the moment he'd banned any and all of Minato's or Kushina's friends from even having contact with their hell spawn. "Ah, I forgot about the clans hold on." He hadn't even told Shouta it was a whole different world or dimension yet. "Konoha was a large village and contained many clans, one of which I came from, the Hatake clan." Sage. He wasn't sure how he'd talk about Sakumo. Shouta had stopped drawing on his back momentarily at that, but went back to it when Kakashi continued talking. "Children from the clans were ordered to join the Academy. Civilian children were permitted, but most wouldn't get that far. They had a school of their own."

He could smell the confusion on Shouta, who then asked. "Their own school? What was the difference?" Hm, yes. The questions that would flip everything upside down. "The civilian academy taught them how to trade and such, it was more merchant like." Shouta nodded. "And the other one? For the 'clan' kids?"

"Well they taught us how to kill, of course." Shouta blanched. "...What?" The Hatake held him tighter. "Kakashi, what? What the fuck?" He didn't understand, it had to have been a joke, right? What kind of Villain Academy gets fucking approved by the government?

The Hatake spoke softly. "It was our way of life, we were Shinobi." Shinobi– Fucking ninja? They were raised as ninjas. "Go on." He had to hear the full story.

"My clan, my family only consisted of two after I was born." He buried his face into his lover's neck once more. "My mother died at childbirth." Shouta hugged him tighter. "And later on, a mission gone wrong lead to Saku–my father being ostracized by most of the population." Fuck he couldn't do this. "Even the teammate he saved wouldn't talk to him anymore. I guess he couldn't take it any longer." Shouta had a bad feeling about the man's next words.

"I had just graduated from the Academy. The youngest ever for a while." Not an achievement he was overly proud of. " When I came home, I found his corpse in the living room." Fuck, fuck. "He killed himself." Should he ask? He didn't know if he should ask. He said he was one of the youngest at the time. How fucking old was he?

He wouldn't have to ponder any more, as the Hatake answered the question without knowing it. "I was 5 at the time." God Shouta wanted to throw up.

The rest of the morning was spent retelling certain events of his life. Shouta eventually noticed the stark differences between here and Konoha, and the Hatake told him what he knew.

It felt as if a weight lifted itself from his chest. Kakashi eventually dozed off in Shouta's arms, exhausted.

All the while Shouta was left mulling over his thoughts once more. God. He had bad fucking luck. Involving himself with a literal alien. But fuck if he wasn't infatuated with the alien.

guys i won't be able to update for a while cuz i have exams starting tmrw |: wml

u guys want fight scenes & jutsu stuff? cause i do