Chapter 17 | They get along. I think

ITACHI HAD BEEN WARNED OF THE OTHER CHILD ONLY JUST BEFORE ENTERING THE ABODE. A very late warning. The teen, Touya, didn't seem fond of the idea of having a brother. Judging by the amount of one-sided arguing he could hear.

He hadn't gone inside yet. Hatake had chosen to enter first, so he could warn the teenager of his presence. He heard some swear words, but no signs of physical violence. That was good.

The fact that the his... brother... was physically older than him was also good. He couldn't fail to protect someone he wasn't meant to protect.

He felt some sort of hope, he'd be quite happy if he and his new brother could get along.

But if the child was his brother, did that mean Hatake was his father? He tilted his head in thought. He wasn't disgusted at the idea of it, Hatake would make a decent father. The Hatake Clan's traditions and his own experience with Hatake Sakumo would compel him to be a better father than most.

Itachi nodded his head. Yes. He could probably get a lot of dango too.

The Uchiha was snapped out of his thoughts as the door opened abruptly. A somewhat tall, taller than him at least, teenager came outside with his arms crossed. That must be Touya.

He waved up at the teen. Better to not start a conversation with someone who looked ready to punt him. The teenager narrowed his eyes at Itachi before he dropped his arms from their crossed position, he grunted before reaching his hand out to the child. "Come on, he shouldn't have made you wait outside." He mumbled the entire sentence.

He nodded. They entered the place together, hand in hand.

His brother told him where to place his shoes and even took the bag he held. He really hoped the teen liked him. He looked up at him. "You are my new brother, correct?" The brother in question froze in place before frowning slightly. Ah, maybe he was too forward.

The teen looked at him before taking his hand back from Itachi's grasp. Oh. He shouldn't have said anything.

He looked down at the ground, thoughts swimming in his tiny head. Why was he so affected by this? It didn't matter if the teen didn't like him, he would have to deal with Itachi anyway. But the thought of losing the chance to have another brother that easily made him quite sad.

When he finally looked up, the teen had long gone further into the abode. He was left standing near the entrance.

::

Touya didn't want a brother. Another brother. He had enough brothers. It didn't fucking help that this one was younger too. Another younger brother to show him up and steal all of Kakashi's fucking attention away from him.

That fucking white haired bastard told him there was no other choice, but really? The fucker probably just wanted another kid, a younger one he could build a better connection with. Whatever that Clan bullshit was, it didn't matter. Those two even had the same Quirk! Absolute fucking bullshit. He was bound to be forgotten, he could already see it happen.

First they would include him in the training exercises and try to be nice, but later they would realize how much better they could work without him, how they could just focus on their shared Quirk and wouldn't have to bother with his broken ass Quirk and then he'd never be invited again. Why was it happening again?

As if that brat Shoto didn't take enough from him. It wasn't fair.

Of course Kakashi wasn't Endeavor, there was no way he'd be ignored and treated like he didn't even exist, but there would be a huge difference in treatment. Fuck. Fuck, he couldn't do this again. He couldn't go through that shit again.

Touya didn't even realize he was hyperventilating on the ground, his head cradled in his head while he was rocking back and forth. He could only think about his treatment in that fucking Todoroki "family" household. He missed his mother, he missed her so much. His father could choke.

He also didn't realize someone talking to him, telling him to breathe, 7 in and 7 out, and guiding him through it, they took his hands away from his face and made him sit upright with his back leaning against the wall. He groaned.

::

Kakashi was not at all surprised when Touya immediately bolted from Itachi after the kid said something about "Brothers". Did the Uchiha not have enough experience with siblings?

He was surprised however when he heard someone fall to the ground and saw Itachi rush over to his kid. The Hatake observed the situation.

He should've thought this shit out more. Of course his kid would have a problem with having a brother, a younger brother specifically, he was basically convinced his previous younger brother had turned his entire life around for the worst. In conclusion, Kakashi fucked up.

Somehow he became the guardian of two kids with the most familial issues. Sage, even he had some familial issues.

The way Touya reacted towards Itachi must've hurt the smaller kid too, judging by the way he just stood still in by the entryway till Touya started hyperventilating. Itachi had jumped into action immediately, he guided the teen through it while he checked his body for injuries. Good kid.

Kakashi hummed while walking towards the duo, he should have this conversation with his kids as soon as possible. Communication was key, right?

sorry 4 short chap
wanted to get this out