3 - Jisung

I walk into chemistry and I see Minho, he's sat at the back of the room playing with his pencil, doodling on his desk absentmindedly. I stare at him, I remember our fist day where we sat next to each other and he had slightly faded purple hair, the biggest smile and the warmest khaki green sweater, we'd been friends ever since, but who I'm looking at isn't that person, this is the Minho that had been to jail, suffered through drug addiction and now had an all different addiction.

I walk over to my seat, which is where it has always been, next to Minho. I smile but he doesn't look up at me. His black hair falls in front of his eyes and his grey sweater slightly rides up his arms, it comforts me that there are no scars, just burns, from putting our cigarettes. When he wears T-shirts you can see all the scaring up his arm from needles, it's on both arms but his right is worse.

When the teacher walks in Minho is asleep, silent, flinching every so often, barely making a sound, it worries me that he no longer snores and he doesn't sleep talk anymore.

'Min' I say as I stroke his hair, behind his ear has scaring and his hair feels dirty but I try to ignore it 'you need to wake up' I say, he stirs but does wake ups, he looks at me, like we're still 15. But he soon looks away. 'We're doing practical work, in pairs' is say 'work with Hyunjin, I'll work alone' he says as he stands up he dusts himself off and looks at me, at my hoodie; it's his, lemon yellow, he gave me it for my birthday, the only birthday we spent together, I don't remember if it was before or after he kissed me, I don't even know if he remembers that happening, those feelings.

'Sung just leave him' Hyunjin says as he pulls my hand over to his work bench, Minho has left, but the teacher is also gone. He often does that, just leaves and he seemingly never comes back, the Minho that left in 9th grade never came back, and I'm still waiting.

'Do you think he's alright' I ask Hyunjin as I pass him some hydrochloric acid, I don't really know what we're doing but I just give him what he asks for 'no, he's smoking excessively and he spends all his time drinking if he's not doing that, he's grieving' I sigh, I know he's right. 'Do you still think he does the drugs' I ask, much quieter 'I don't know maybe, but I see Chan with him sometimes, walking him to the bar, they don't talk much but he wouldn't let him continue with the drugs, I don't think he'd let himself, give me the iodine' I pass him it and look over to our desk. I can see his doodle and it's all our names and Saemin's.

'He must feel awful' I say, hyunjin looks over to me 'I don't feel great no, so stop looking at me things' it's Minho, he puts a piece of paper over the doodle, I look at him, we make eye contact, an odd type of eye contact where nothing else matters.

'Stop thinking about me Jisung' he says in a whisper, this is the most he's said to me for a while, I want him to say more I want him to mean something to himself. 'I can't' is all I say. He takes his thinks but doesn't push past me, for once I don't try to stop him, I just let him walk away, because I know this time he'll come back.

Thanks for reading, that's the longest chapter so far, I'm currently pre writing these chapters which I've never done before