16 - Jisung

I can't find Minho, not that I'm particularly looking, but from where I would normally find him out of the corner of my eye, he isn't there. I see him in chemistry, he doesn't say anything to me, I say nothing to him. I don't want there to be a tension but there is, he told us all he was clean, but he was still using, I can't trust him.

But I still text him, a good morning, how was your day, he either doesn't respond or just says okay, but the seen is good enough for me to know he's okay.

We don't sit with him at lunch, we're distancing ourselves from him rather than the other way round. I can't sit next to Chan, I know we would have found out either way but in my mind it is all his fault, he betrayed Minho and I can't forgive him, not yet.

Today, I do see Minho, he's standing, leaning on the wall outside the school, smoking, there are no more disgusting apple flavoured lollipops, he's wearing short sleeves and I can see his tattoos and his old needle scars, there are no new ones, I make sure of it.

'Jisung' I hear him say as I walk past him, this is the first time we have spoken to each other in weeks 'I'm sorry' is all he says, he hands me a red lollipop. 'I want to get help' he says, and then he two opens a lollipop 'what kind of help, you go to therapy' I say, I start to walk, he follows me 'rehab' he says, I know he was meant to undergo some kind of rehabilitation in jail but he didn't 'I think that's a good idea' I say, I walk away and this time he doesn't follow.

But at lunch he does sit with us, Chan looks like he wants to punch him 'why are you here' he ends up saying, in a harsh tone 'I want to apologise' he says, he's playing with his hands 'you were meant to be clean' Chan shouts 'it's not that easy' Minho respond with, much quieter, almost ashamed 'I was addicted, do you really expect me to be able to just stop, I didn't want you all to hate me' we all look at him 'we could have helped' I say, stroking his back, he shakes his head 'I'm going to get help, real help, but please forgive me, I really am trying' I nod my head and some of the others follow reluctantly, Chan does nothing, except walk away.

Thanks for reading, this chapter felt a bit shorter, but oh well, there are still around 10 left