4 - Chan

I see Minho walking down the corridor he's waking slowly, looking dazed, he's relapsed, he looks like he might collapse 'I'll be just a minute' I say to Jeongin who's holding my hand and also looking at Minho.

'Hyep Min' I say grabbing his shoulders, he looks at me and blinks 'I'm fine' he says, slurred, he's not high, he's drunk. I can smell the suju on his breath and the odd mix of strawberry and coconut 'you should go home' I say and make him stop, he shakes his head and starts to cry out in the open, in the busy corridor 'Saemin never got to go home, I killed her' he sobs, I make eye contact with Jisung, then Jeongin and each of our friends individually 'no you didn't' I say and stroke his back, he continues to cry into my neck, the top of my shirt getting slightly damp 'why didn't I die' he says as he wipes his face aggressively, I take his hand 'you deserve to live Min' I say and wipe his face more carefully, he shakes his head and we continue the scene multiply times until he falls asleep.

'Is he okay' Jeongin asks as he takes my hand, I shake my head 'can someone get a teacher to ring Mr Shin' Changbin goes into the nearest room and a teacher comes out it's Mrs Park, she's understanding, and rings him.

We all wait, in silence, Minho is breathing quietly and we say things rarely as we wait for Mr Shin. 'We need to help him' Jisung says 'we can't do much if he keeps pushing us away' I say and continue stroking his hair, it feels like hay and smells of smoke.

'Boys' Mr Shin says as he sees us, Changbin stands up and shakes his hand 'we're sorry' I say, he shakes his head 'this isn't the first time' he says, I nod in understanding 'does he go to therapy' Jisung asks and Mr Shin shakes his head 'no he never asked to' he says and looks at me, I give him soft eyes 'he wouldn't but he needs help, professional help, he's slowly killing himself' Jisung half shouts, I shush him so he doesn't wake Minho.

'I'll talk to him' says Mr Shin, and we all shake out heads 'he's just say no' I say, knowing how stubborn he is 'just do it' I'm not looking at him but Minho who's snuggling into me as I speak, he's cold and shivering slightly 'I thought they did something in prison' he says, I shake my head 'they do nothing in jail' I say, I feel bad for Minho, that he has to change himself, I try to be there to make sure he knows that he can be who he used to that this doesn't change anything.

But he always gives silence or some philosophical remark that a shot always changes everything.

Thank you for reading, if you haven't check out my other books