22 - Minho

I sit in something that resembles a waiting room, with an open door to my right and dark corridor to my left, I'm waiting for Mr Shin, and Jisung, to come pick me up.

Each time someone passes I flinch slightly, scared they'll hit me or say something to me, there are nurses, in typical white uniforms, as if they came out of the 50s, but they don't act like nurses.

'Minho' I stand up and look at Mr Shin, Jisung is just behind him, but I run and hug the man who is like my father 'thank you' I say, I start to cry and he pats my back, Jisung joins in the hug and we walk out. I don't want to be seen by anyone, I never want to be here again.

I sit in the back of the car, Jisung to my right, I'm looking out the window and barely paying attention to the song on the radio, or what Mr Shin is saying. Jisung touches my hand, and I slap off. 'Are you only Min' he asks, his hands are no were near me. I think for a moment, then shake my head.

When I get to my house it smells like alcohol and cigarettes, I don't want to be here 'can we go you your house' I ask Jisung, my voice is soft, delicate, vulnerable. He doesn't speak, but nods his head, neither of us want to shatter the thing sheet of glass hanging in the atmosphere. Or do we not want to break me.

'Go on a date with me' Jisung says, we've resorted to speeding in hushed whispers 'where to' I ask, I'm snuggled into him, but by the way I flinched when he went to stroke my hair, Jisung's hands are in his lap, playing with his fingered idly.

'Here, I'll cook' I giggle at the suggestion, Jisung is an awful cook and he'll just order some sushi, or pizza 'okay' I say, my voice becomes softer like I'm reassuring a child, or small helpless animal, in actual fact I'm both of those things.

We end up getting soup and dumplings and noodles, it wasn't anything specific but it made me feel warm, much more appraising than the food in rehab, I feel at home. I don't think Jisung knows how much he meant to me, how safe he makes me feel.

'I feel safe with you' I say, we're watching a movie, more a movie is playing 'how do' he asks, at some point he began to absentmindedly stroke my hair, I didn't care, Jisung doesn't smell like antiseptic and hospitals, he smells like cinnamon or vanilla and apple, but today he smells like cherry.

'Be my boyfriend' he says, we're looking into each other's eyes, I feel lost, but a lost in where I never want to be found, I feel whole, like this is the question I've been waiting for 'yes' I say, in between breaths, beneath them. We lean in and our lips touch, it isn't our first kiss but the way his lips feel on mine is different, it not hungry or inexperienced, its what I always wanted kissing Jisung to feel like, perfect.

They are officially a couple. Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed.
Thanks for 200 reads