14

Sami's POV

I love working with kids, but at the same time it's exhausting at times. I know last night Shay was staying late at the office, because of paperwork. Jae was supposed to go check on her, but I've heard nothing from either one of them. Which is strange, because Shay texts me everyday. I then picked up my phone, and decided to call her. When I did it went to voicemail.

"How odd." I then checked her location on Life360, and it said she was at Jae's place. "Why isn't she at work?"

"Something wrong Dr. Kim?" I turned around to see Taemin, who's a nurse here.

"No Taemin, everything's fine

"No Taemin, everything's fine. Also I've told you before you can call me Sami." Taemin smiled and nodded.

"I know, but given we are at work I feel like I have to call you that." He said nervously. I then gave him a small smile.

"I think I'm going to take an early lunch today, Taemin. There's something I need to check on." I said before walking off.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I walked up to Jae's apartment door, and knocked on it. I received no answer, and my stomach turned. I then pulled out the spare key, and opened up the door. I looked around and no one was there. I then called Shays cell, and I heard it in the bedroom. I then ran to the bedroom, and saw her phone laying in the middle of the bed. I then began to panic.

"Shay?! Jae!? Where are you!?"

Shay's POV

I groaned in pain as I opened my eyes. It took a while for my eyes to adjust. I then tried to move my hands and realized that they're tied.

"What the fuck?" I whispered to myself.

"Shay?" I then felt someone hold my hand.

"Jae?" I whispered back with a sigh of relief.

"Yeah baby, it's me." I then felt the back of my head touch his.

"Do you remember what happened?" I asked softly.

"Last thing I remember was we were in your office kissing, then after that everything's a blur." I felt my cheeks heat up from how blunt he was.

"Did you have to talk about us kissing?" I asked in an embarrassed tone.

"Is now the time to get flustered over it?"

"Says the one who called me 'baby'." I teased.

"Oh you won't be his baby. That I can assure you." My eyes then widened.

"Who are you?" I asked, and moments later Jade appeared before me.

"Oh honey, you should know who I am." She said as she stroked my face. "You're the reason Jae doesn't love me."

"Why are you doing this?" Jae asked.

"Because if you love her, then I'll kill her. Because if she's dead you'll have no choice, but to love me."

"Don't touch her!" Jae yelled.

"I'll touch her as much as I want." She said before pulling out a knife, and then she dug it into my side. I then groaned and screamed in pain. "JADE STOP!" Jae screamed, and then she pulled the knife out. She then walked over to Jae, and sat on his lap.

"You made me this way. All I wanted was for you to love me, but in the back of my mind I knew you never would. I could see it in your eyes. You were my boyfriend, but not in the ways you should have been. You never made love to me, you never wanted to move in with me, you barely kissed me, you never wanted to be close to me, but above all you never loved me. You pretended to. She didn't have to work for any of it. She never had to try, and you fell for her. It's not fair." Jade said softly.

"Jade, please just let her go. You don't have to kill her. We can go back to the way things were."

"No we can't. After I seen you kiss her, I knew that was it. Once you've got a taste of her, you'll never give her up. You've longed for her for too long. Which is why I have to kill her. It's the only way." She whispered. I then felt myself panic, and was unsure of how to get myself out of the situation.

"Please don't kill me." I begged, and then she walked over to me.

"Give me a reason I shouldn't." She said as her blade was pressed to my neck slightly.

"I'm pregnant." I lied. I'm not, but she didn't need to know that. She then froze.

"Who's the father?" She asked. I then thought for a moment, and this was my only way out.

"Wonpil." I said softly.

"How long have you been pregnant?" She asked.

"6 weeks." She then thought for a moment, and then walked off. Moments later I heard a door slam. We were silent for a moment.

"You've slept with Wonpil?" Jae asked softly. I could hear the hurt in his voice.

"We were drunk, so it didn't mean anything." Jae then let out a dry laugh.

"So you got drunk, and slept with Wonpil. I'm supposed to be ok with that?" I then scoffed.

"Jae, you forget we aren't together. Never have been. Even if we love each other, we still aren't together because of psycho Sally in there." He then hummed.

"I know. It still hurts."

"Well now you know how much it hurt me to see you with Jade." We then sat silently.

"Are you really pregnant?" He asked softly.

"No. But don't tell her that." He then sighed in relief.

"I love you." He whispered.

"Why are you saying it like you'll never see me again?"

"I'm saying it just in case."

"Don't. Save it. Because we are going to make it out of here. We will make it out or someone will come for us. Have faith in that." I said as I held his hand tightly.

"Ok. I will, but I'll do it for you."

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this! Leave me a comment to let me know how I am doing! Stay strong my beautiful readers, keep dreaming, I love you all, and I will update soon.-Coolcat51