34

Sami's POV

I sat at the table nervously awaiting my date. Is this the worst time to go on a date? Yes, but I could use the distraction. I just wish it was that easy for Shay. She sits by Jae, and refuses to leave his side. She's worried about him, and it's killing her.

"You showed up." I looked up to see Dr. Jung Hoseok. He smiled as he took a seat across from me. "I'm as afraid you would stand me up like last time."

"Well I did get kidnapped so it wasn't intentional." He then laughed softly.

"Ok I'll let you off the hook for that one." He joked, which made me laugh. "So how have you been doing?"

"Please don't try to be a doctor right now."

"I'm just worried about you. Am I not allowed to worry?" He asked with a soft smile, which made my heart flutter.

"You can worry a little. I just hate being asked the question, 'are you ok', because most of the time people don't want a genuine answer to it."

"Well I want a genuine answer to it. I want to know how you are feeling." I then gave him a soft smile.

"I'm falling apart." I admitted. "I'm worried about my brother, my sister, and my friends. But mostly my sister, because I've never seen her so vulnerable. To see her that way hurts, it hurts a lot. I just want to help her, but I know there's nothing I can do. She takes all this pain, and never gets any relief from it. She's my big sister, and I get she wants to protect me, but at the same time I hate seeing her in pain. Especially since I know that there's nothing I can do about it." Hoseok nodded, and placed a hand over mine.

"Your sister sounds like a strong woman, and it sounds like she's turned you into one as well. Just the fact that you want to take her pain proves to me you have a heart of gold just as she does. Did she get it from your mother?" I then shook my head.

"Our mother was a drunk and a drug addict. That's how Shay and I ended up in foster care. Because of that woman I was separated from my sister for years, but before she was killed we were trying to mend our relationship." I then chuckled to myself. "I don't know why I'm telling you all this."

"It's ok. I like hearing about you, and your family." I then smiled.

"What about you? Where's your family?" I asked.

"Well my parents died in a car accident when I was young. My sister and I were raised by our grandmother, but she died a few years back. The only family I really have is my sister and my 6 friends from school." I nodded.

"You all must have been close to consider them family." He nodded at my words.

"We've been through a lot together. I'll take you to meet them sometime." I smiled at his words.

"I'd like that." For a few hours I felt happy. Hoseok made me laugh and smile. I never realized a man could make me feel so valued.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this! Leave me a comment to let me know how I am doing! Stay strong my beautiful readers, keep dreaming, I love you all, and I will update soon.-Coolcat51