36

Jae's POV

We laid in bed, tangled up in one another. Her head laid on my chest, and I played with her hair softly. I was discharged from the hospital yesterday, and Shays been with me ever since.

"Do you regret meeting me?" Shay asked softly.

"No. Why would you ask such a thing?" She then sighed softly.

"Well you had a psycho girlfriend that you met, because my brother inserted her into your life. You got shot taking a bullet for me, and were put into a coma. Not to mention you were kidnapped by my mentally ill brother."

"None of that was your fault. Besides everything happens for a reason, Shay. Regardless of everything that's happened my love for you made it all worth it. Because now I get it be with you. Which reminds me, I have a question for you."

"What is it?"

"How would you feel about moving in with me? Because it's clear after everything we don't want to be apart from each other, and we've known each other for years. Things wouldn't be awkward, and honestly I feel like you make this home." She then looked up at me with a smile.

"I'd love to move in with you." I then smiled, before leaning down to give her a kiss. Moments later my phone began to ring, which caused me to groan in annoyance. I then noticed it was Young K, and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Jae, am I on speaker phone?" He asked.

"No, why? Is something wrong?" I asked in a concerned told.

"Something is very wrong." I then sat up in bed, and Shay gave me a concerned look.

"Jae, what's wrong?" She asked.

"It's about Jade."

"What about her? Spit it out, Brian." I said as my blood pressure began to rise. I couldn't tell if I was nervous, angry or both.

"Jade's pregnant, and claims that you're the father." My eyes widened, and I swear my heart stopped for a moment.

"It can't be." I whispered.

"What is it?" Shay asked, but I couldn't answer because I was in shock.

"We will need to have a DNA test done, but her being pregnant could cause some problems." He continued on.

"This can't be happening."

"Just try to keep calm, and when she's far enough along we'll get the DNA test done. It'll be ok, Jae. I'll call you later, because you have some explaining to do to a certain person."

"Right." I whispered, before Brian hung up.

"What's wrong?" I then looked into her eyes. I could see the worry, which made me feel so guilty.

"Jade's pregnant, and she says I'm the father." Her eyes widened in horror.

"You said that you two never slept together."

"We haven't while I was sober. Who's to say she didn't take advantage of me, when I was drunk?"

"Well then lets get a DNA test done."

"We can't. It's still too soon."

"Then what are you going to do if you are the father?" She asked with a hint of anxiety in her voice.

"I'm going to take care of the baby." She then gave me a sad look. "We can be its parents." Her eyes widened.

"What?"

"Shay, if this baby is mine, will you raise it with me as it's mother?"

"Jae-"

"You've always wanted a baby, and I know you would be a terrific mom."

"Let's cross that bridge when we get there." She said nervously. "But if it does turn out to be yours, then I will help you raise it. Because it damn sure doesn't need Jade as a mother. The fact that she's pregnant is unfair to all the people who desperately want a baby." I then pulled her in for a hug. I'm so scared it's not even funny. Who knows where the future will take us? But for now, I'm just glad that I have Shay, and my friends with me.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this! Leave me a comment to let me know how I am doing! Stay strong my beautiful readers, keep dreaming, I love you all, and I will update soon.-Coolcat51