10

Shay's POV

I can't sleep. Just knowing he's sleeping on the couch is upsetting to me. I'm the guest and he gave me his bed. I sighed to myself, sat up, and then walked into the Livingroom. When I walked in there I noticed it was 1 A.M, and the second thing I noticed was the kitchen light was on. I then made my way into the kitchen to see him on his phone with something in a pot on the stove.

"What are you doing?" He jumped, because he didn't realize I was there.

"What are you doing up at this hour?" He asked.

"I asked you a question first." I replied as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I couldn't sleep, and decided to make some mac & cheese as a snack. Now its your turn to answer my question."

"I couldn't sleep." He then smiled and nodded.

"Would you like some of my poorly made mac & cheese?" I then smiled.

"Why not." We both got bowls, and sat at the table. "So why are you having trouble sleeping?" I asked.

"Because just knowing your in my bed is driving me crazy."

"Why's that?"

"Because I want to hold you." He said with a sigh. "I want you to fall asleep in my arms, give you kisses, and for you to tell me you love me. I want something that's impossible right now." I bit my lip softly. "Please don't do that." He whispered.

"Do what?" I asked with a confused tone.

"Bite your lip."

"Why can't I?"

"It drives me crazy, and makes me want to kiss you." He gave me a serious and stern expression. "You have no idea how much you drive me crazy. You have for so long, and I've ignored my feelings for you. I tried to project them onto someone else, because I thought I could never have you." He then leaned forward, and placed his hand on top of mine. "But now, I want you even if it kills me. I want you. I need you." He then leaned forward a little more, until our faces were inches away. "I love you, Shay." He whispered. God he's so beautiful up close. His features are breath taking.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"You don't have to say it back yet. I know why you aren't, which is why I'm going to change it."

"No wonder Jade was always so jealous of me right?" I joked.

"It also pissed her off that I'd never sleep with her. If I did then I was drunk, when it happened. I never wanted her, but I asked like I did. I thought I loved her, but in reality I only cared for her."

"Is that why you were always on and off?"

"Yes." He stared at my lips. He desperately wanted to lean forward, but I can't. Not until he breaks up with Jade.

"We can't. You're still with Jade. Even if I don't like her, I can't kiss you while your her boyfriend. I'm sorry." He then sighed, and pulled away.

"I understand." He then got up, and headed towards the Livingroom. "Goodnight." He then disappeared from my sight. Why did I have to love you, Jae? Things would have been easier if it would have been someone else. But it had  to be you.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this! Leave me a comment to let me know how I am doing! Stay strong my beautiful readers, keep dreaming, I love you all, and I will update soon.-Coolcat51