Chapter 11

Two thousand years ago, a goddess was born in a raging storm. Her cries echoed through the dark hallways as she was held by her dead mother whose lifeless body laid on the bed around her. Her father had held her, looking down at her with nothing but deep disappointment and shame.

The goddess grew up differently, she learned how to wield a sword at the age of five. She had started her training to become a warrior when she reached ten. She was exposed to wars and killings as a child.

So much for being a princess.

The goddess and her father ruled over the nine realms together as she learned how to conquer realms through him. He used her as a weapon, his ultimate weapon into conquering realms. They had everything but she felt that something was missing.

After everything, after all the bloodshed, the killings, the deaths, her father had a change of heart after meeting another woman. One that he claimed he shall marry and love forever, one that will finally give him the heir he wanted.

She completely despised the woman. No matter how gentle or kind she was, the goddess had hated her for changing her father. They had everything. And her father chose to give everything up for this woman.

Not long after their marriage, the woman, the new queen of Asgard had become with child. The news had only angered the goddess more. As she continued to strive for her realm's strength and power, she had earned her title as the Goddess of Death for her powers and skills.

As she came of age, her half-brother was born and her father had completely forgotten about her. He was too happy about his son. Finally having one. She wondered if her father was that happy when she was born. She wondered even though she already knew the answer to her own question.

She was a princess, a goddess, a woman.

She will never be a son.

Having no more purpose for conquering realms, the goddess was slowly torn out of her purpose. Her father had took away her weapon, the Mjolnir, and has decided to give it to his new son instead.

"You will no longer hold Mjolnir for you are not worthy to its power anymore." her father raised his hand and grabbed the mighty hammer out of her grip "Your brother shall be the one to wield it."

"But Father, this weapon is the symbol of our triumph throughout the cosmos!" she tried "It's mine, it does not belong to a mindless child!"

"Mind of how you speak."

"This is unacceptable!" she screamed once to his face with pure anger "Our purpose is to conquer the whole cosmos! Rule over all the realms!"

"No." her father answered "That is your purpose, Hela. Not mine." that was the last time they spoke in the span of fifty years right before she rebelled against him.

The Goddess of Death's ambition outgrew his, as she continued to slaughter and conquer realms back into her hands, her father had found out and locked her away like a wild animal. He contained her power and refused to let a single soul know about her.

Not even his own sons.

The king covered up her whole existence. She no longer exists in Asgard's history. Forgotten. Erased.

She was nothing but a weapon into her father's eyes, she was a monster to every being, a threat to the realms, and a worthless daughter who will never be enough to be an heir to the throne or for her father.

That was her life before a witch had entered her world and bewitched her whole existence. The witch was her first love and the first woman to ever love her despite her title, despite all the things she's done in the past. The witch made her feel again.