Chapter 18

A day after their wedding, Aeria stood near her window, staring at the beautiful ring that embraced her finger. The smile on her lips never once left, her silver eyes sparkling with magic.

She couldn't believe it.

She and Hela were married.

After two thousand years, after months that seemed like years of being away from each other, they finally had the wedding they wanted.

The smile on her face only grew when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her from behind, pulling her back, closer before she felt soft kisses being planted on her neck.

"I'm beginning to think you love that ring more than me, darling." Hela said against her skin, embracing her wife tightly with a contented sigh.

Aeria chuckled "I'm beginning to think so too."

The goddess scowled at her joke.

"But I suppose you did give me the best night of my life last night..." the witch hummed "And you married me despite our troubles." she grinned, turning to face her wife, putting her hands on her shoulders "So maybe I do love you more."

The goddess raised an eyebrow "Maybe?"

Aeria playfully rolled her eyes "I love you.

Hela stared at her, waiting for more.

Aeria sighed "I love you more than my ring."

A pleased expression replaced the scowl on her wife's face, Hela smirked. She leaned down, about to close the gap between their lips when a howl echoed throughout the kingdom. Aeria pulled away, throwing her head back, leaning towards the goddess with all her weight, letting Hela carry her.

"I think you should put him back on Asgard." the brunette muttered, referring to the giant wolf.

The goddess smirked "Darling, he's our wolf. As much as he is mine, he is also yours through marriage." she pressed a kiss on Aeria's cheek.

Aeria hummed "He was already mine even before our marriage." she raised an eyebrow, it felt very satisfying to mention their marriage.

"I'll send him hunting." Hela gave her a peck on the lips before looking out of the window, whistling loud enough for the wolf to hear. The ground beneath them shook and rumbled before it stopped, they both looked down at the giant wolf looking up to them with a scowl.

"Oh, don't look at us like that, honey." Aeria said.

"Go hunting." Hela told their wolf, Fenris whined and shook his head before walking off, grumpy.

Aeria stared amused at the sight "He takes a lot after his rider, I suppose." she teased "Grumpy."

"Oh, shut up." Hela told her wife.

Their life in the castle continued with just the both of them. Aeria spun, her dress trailing behind her before a hand grabbed her waist, pulling her back. A giggle escaped her lips as she wrapped her arms around Hela's shoulder and their feet continued to step on the ground beneath them, their bodies swaying and dancing in perfect sync.

As if they were truly made for each other.

"What do you want to do, now?" Hela asked before spinning Aeria, never once letting go of her hand, pulling her wife back after "Whatever my wife wants, she gets it." the goddess promised.

The witch pursed her lips "I don't know."

"A baby?" the goddess suggested "You did tell me about a vision you saw. You said we had a baby."

"I said I saw a baby." the witch retorted.

"You said the baby had emerald eyes like mine."

Aeria stared at Hela "And? Anyone can have emerald eyes like yours." she shrugged.