Chapter 10

Aeria looked outside the window, staring at the dark night out with her arms around herself. She licked her lips, sighing, letting her eyes close.

She was tired.

But that was nothing compared to the feeling in her chest. The longing, the worry, and the anger in her chest. She opened her eyes, glancing over her shoulder to look at the love of her life laying on their bed, unconscious and peaceful.

There was a knock on the door before it opened a bit, just enough for a man to peek inside "Hey there, tiger." it was Tony who stood outside the door.

Aeria raised an eyebrow and asked "Really? Tiger?"

Tony shrugged "Got a lot of it when my parents died." he tried but that only made Aeria roll her eyes and sigh "My girlfriend is not dead, asshole."

"What do you want, anyway?"

"Just checking on you. You want a drink?"

Aeria sighed again "Well, I could use one."

"I'll be at the bar." Tony tells her before closing the door, leaving the two alone for their peace again.

The witch walked over to the goddess, leaning down to press a kiss on her forehead "I'll be back in a jiffy, honey." she said before leaving quietly.

The building was quiet. Well, that was understandable since it was already late at night. Aeria walked to the bar, meeting Tony there who was already pouring drinks for the two of them.

"Vodka." Tony said, sliding a glass.

Aeria caught it "Thank you." she said "Not just for the drink but for letting Hela and I back here." she added "If you didn't open that door and let us in, I wouldn't know what to do. I would probably travel through universes just to keep her safe."

"It's fine." Tony stops her "You're like a part of the team, now so it's fine. We fought robots together."

"Hm." Aeria hummed "I'm really not part of this."

Tony shrugged "Whatever you say, tiger."

Aeria glared at him "Please, stop calling me that."

"Alright, champ." the man grinned.

"Not helping either." the witch snapped.

It was a stormy night when Aeria had knocked on his door, holding an unconscious goddess in her arms with tears in her eyes. If he hadn't opened that door that night, Aeria would have torn the world apart just to find a place where she and Hela are safe.

Aeria stared at her hands, her fingers were dark with magic. It only meant one thing, of course.

"What happened with your hands?" Tony asked.

Aeria blinked, she answered "Dark magic."

"I'm a witch." Aeria said "If you're not aware. My mother was a witch who used dark magic and I inherited it when I was born." she stared at her drink then to her hands again "When Odin killed Hela, I used my power to bring her back. And in order to bring her back, I used my dark magic."

"And dark magic leaves dark marks behind when used. It corrupts me and turns me evil."

She wasn't very aware of her powers and what they can do. When Hela wakes up, she plans to go back to Asgard and ask the queen about it. Even though she hated the idea of going back there, especially asking the queen for help when she had cut her off.

"Well, are you going to turn evil?"

"I do what I have to do, Stark."

They sat and drank in silence, both lost in thoughts.