Chapter 26

The stars burned brightly in the dark sky, under that very same sky sat a witch and a goddess with a little girl between them. Aeria sighed, resting her head comfortably on Hela's shoulder with Aurora laying on top of her, quietly snoring.

It was late, probably almost midnight but Aeria and Hela stayed up, watching over their daughter who had only recently fell asleep due to her sugar rush. Their nights were composed of this now, with a little girl snoring between them.

"She snores." Hela said, her tone flat.

Aeria chuckled "Like you."

She feels Hela shift away from her and she looks up to find the frown on her wife's face. Aeria always did find her scowl adorable but when she's grumpy, it never ends well for the both of them.

Most of the time, Aeria avoids upsetting Hela.

"I do not snore."

"Yes, you do." it wasn't true, Hela was a quiet sleeper. The goddess was a quiet and light sleeper, even the tiniest sounds wakes her up.

"I do not." Hela bit "You are the one who snores."

"Well-" Hela raised a perfectly dark eyebrow at her wife, challenging her to deny it when it was clearly true that between the two of them, it was Aeria who snores. She doesn't snore outloud, it was soft and quiet just like Aurora's.

Aeria rolled her eyes "It is my defeat, then."

"You know better than to trick me, darling."

"Stop killing the mood." the witch muttered but she still snuggled against her wife, enjoying how cold Hela's skin was against her "We have a daughter." she said out of the blue, from her realizations.

Hela blinked, silent for a brief moment before she spoke again, nodding once "Yes, dear. I was hoping you'd finally notice." she deadpanned.

Aeria elbows the goddess under her rib "I- we never really thought about what our life would be if we really had one, right?" she asked.

"In reality, no." said Hela "But in thoughts, yes."

Aeria frowned "What do you mean in thoughts?"

The goddess shrugged "I've thought about it, I do not know about you but I did. From the moment you mentioned having one." she smirked "When I think of it, our life is mostly the same except we have a gremlin running around, climbing on my back here and there, dangling from my arms, running to you whenever I scold her, a lot of puppy eyes and pouting." she said.

Her wife softly laughed, imagining her words in her own mind. She agreed, that was going to be their life. In fact that was their life now but she knew Hela was still adjusting.

It was a huge adjustment to make, really. A child suddenly arriving into their lives, looking for her mothers. Aeria knew she and Hela weren't mentally and emotionally prepared yet.

Especially Hela.

But they try anyway. Because the little girl between them, their daughter is the most adorable little girl in the whole universe and they were determined to make her feel safe and loved again.

"Mommy?" a quiet and tiny voice called for her.

Aeria stirred in her sleep, managing to hum in response but her eyes remained closed. She could still feel Hela's cold arms around her and she could still feel Aurora on top of her.

But somehow, she felt like being nose to nose to someone. She slowly opened her eyes, blinking a few times before her vision cleared and towering over her was Aurora, her green eyes glowing and teary, her cheeks flushed "Aurora." she blinked, pulling herself up in a sitting position immediately after she found her soul "Is everything alright?"