𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈|together

That hurt my heart to do that to my angel Clem

——————————

The next morning, Clementine woke up with a small headache

The next morning, Clementine woke up with a small headache. She didn't normally drink, so even the few pints she had made her head hurt.

Getting up from her bed, she walked around the cellar to realise that no one else besides she and her brother had returned home last night. Rushing to her brother, she shook him awake. "Spike, where is everyone?"

The boy woke up with a groan, rubbing his eyes as he sat up. "What?"

"Billy, Bea, Jess. . . it's just us here. None of them came home," Clementine explained quickly.

"Dammit," Spike mumbled as he got out of bed and slipped on his jacket and his shoes. "Let's go."

"Where?"

"We're going to get everyone back together. I'm done with watching people walk away."

♢♦♢♦♢♦♢♦♢

The twins first stop was the pub. They were going to leave when they didn't find anyone but decided to ask around quickly. It didn't take long until a man was telling them about how a young boy killed a workhouse owner.

Spike was quick to remind his sister of just how much Billy had hated the man who ran his workhouse. The two made their way towards the city jail. They weren't sure what they were going to do when they got there, but checking that he was alive was an important first step.

Arriving at the jail, Spike managed to convince the guards to let them see the prisoner. Clementine never understood how he was always able to sweet-talk people to get what he wanted.

Walking down the dank halls of the prison, they stopped in front of a cell with around fifteen people inside. Spike grabbed one of the bars, leaning forward to speak to their friend. "Hey. Psst."

Billy looked up from the corner he was sitting in, a worn look on his face. His brow creased as he spotted the twins, quickly getting up from his seat to meet them at the bars.

"How are you, Billy?" Clementine asked softly, her eyes spotting the bruises on the side of his face.

The boy sighed, "I've been better, to be honest, Clem."

"Hey, listen," Spike said, looking to his sister for a moment before turning back to Billy. "A guy came looking for Leo, from the palace. Buckingham Palace."

"What?"

"Well, apparently Leopold was wanted back at the palace," Clementine said in a low voice.

"What?" the boy repeated.

Spike was almost grinning, Billy's reaction amusing him. "Well, he lives at the palace, because his mum is the Queen of England."

Billy's eyes went wide, "You're shitting me."