𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕|tunnels

Final episode!

——————————

Clementine recognised the tunnels almost immediately from when she had been in Jessie's head

Clementine recognised the tunnels almost immediately from when she had been in Jessie's head. It seemed even darker in real life.

Spike grabbed Billy when it looks like he was about to go off alone, pulling him back to the group. Watson sighed, "For heaven's sake, stay together. Everybody be as quiet as possible. If they hear us approach, we're done for. This way."

Watson led the group of teens through the tunnels moving quiet and slow so as not to make any loud noises. There was a noise echoing through the tunnels, most likely coming from the Rip.

Suddenly, Bea began shouting, collapsing to the ground in tears. Watson rushed over to her and covered her mouth with his hand to try and get her to stop. After a moment, she was finally quiet. When she nodded, Watson removed his hand from her mouth.

Clementine and Jessie helped the girl to her feet just as the whole tunnel shook. Dust drifted through the tunnels from the movement, the sound of stone cracking making Clementine feel tense.

"The tunnel's collapsing," Waston told them. "We need to move now. Stay calm."

The man began to move faster, all of the teens following their lead. Clementine walked behind Spike, glanced back at Leo over her shoulder instinctively, making sure he was still there. He noticed her doing so and gave her a reassuring nod.

When she turned back, the tunnel was even darker than before. In fact, it was so dark that she couldn't even see her friends walking ahead of her anymore.

"Guys?" Clementine called. "Billy? Bea? Jess? Spike?"

None of them answered, her voice bouncing off of the walls and echoing back at her. Beginning to panic, she turned around, praying that Leo was still there, but there was no sign of him.

"This isn't funny!" she shouted, her voice shaking.

"Clementine," a voice whispered from the dark. "Clementine."

The girl was moving towards the voice before she could stop herself. "Who's there?" she asked the voice in the dark.

Two figures stepped out of the dark, a man and a woman. Clementine felt her heart sink, instantly recognising the two people. She hadn't seen them in years but she knew in her gut that they were her and Spike's parents.

Holding back tears, Clementine bit her lip. "You never said good bye," she told them both.

"Oh, sweetheart," her mother sighed. "That's because we never loved you."

"Just watch. They'll all leave," her father told her.

Others began to walk out of the dark; Spike, Bea, Jessie, Billy, Leo.