Ch 1: Friendship is magic Part 1

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria. There were two regal sisters who ruled together and created harmony for all the land.

To do this the eldest used her unicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn, the younger brought out the moon to begin the night.

Thus the two sisters maintained balance for their kingdom and their subjects, all the different types of ponies, but as time went on the younger sister became resentful.

The ponies relished and played in the day the elder sister brought forth, but shunned and slept through her beautiful night. One fateful day the younger unicorn refused to make way for the dawn. The elder sister tried to reason with her, but the bitterness in the young ones heart transformed her into a wicked mare of darkness.

Nightmare moon.

She vowed that she would shrowd the land in eternal night, reluctantly the elder sister harnessed the most powerful magic known to Ponium. The elements of harmony. Using the magic of the elements of Harmony she defeated her younger sister and banished her permanently in the moon.

The elder sister took on responsibility for both sun and moon and Harmony has been maintained in equestria for generations since.

"Hmm, Elements of Harmony. I know I've heard of those before, but where." Twilight said as she looked to the sky.

Twilight was walking back to the palace and she's stopped by other ponies and among them was here sister Daylight with her dragon Cosmic.

"There you are Twilight. Moon Dancer is having a little get together in the west castle courtyard, you should come." Daylight said.

"Oh, I'm sorry girls I've got alot of studying to catch up on." Twilight smiled making her sister sigh.

"Come on Twilight, life isn't all about what's in the books, but what you get out of them." Daylight said it her sister just smiled and ran off.

"Twilight, wait!" Daylight yelled.

"Does that pony do anything except study. I think she's more interested in books than friends." One of the said.

"Oh come on guys, I'm sure she's--"

"And you always back her up Daylight, we know she's your twin and everything, but you can't do it forever." Another pony said.

"They've got a point you know." Cosmic said.

"I know, but right now let's just all go to Moon Dancer's party. I'd hate to leave her hanging." Daylight said as she and the other ponies walked off to the party.

Meanwhile Twilight is still running trying to remember where she's heard of the Elements before.

" I know I heard I've heard of the Elements of Harmony." She said as she ran by other ponies and into her tower.

Spike her dragon was holding out a present for Moon Dancers party and as he was walking to the door, it bust open as Twilight came in.

"Spike, spike~. Spike, there you are. Quick find me that old copy of predictions and prophecies. What's that for?" Twilight asked as she noticed the present stuck on spikes tail.

"Well, it was a gift for Moon Dancer, but..." he said as the broken teddy bear fell out.

"Oh spike, you know we don't have time for that sort of thing." She said moving books aside.