Ch 18: Grand Galloping Gala

The days that followed led to a very special day that all the girls were looking forward to.

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐺𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐺𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐺𝑎𝑙𝑎.

"I-can't–believe–the Grand–Galloping–Gala–

is--tonight!" Pinkie bounced on the trampoline with excitement making Twilight who was not far wince as she tried to concentrate through Pinkie's squeals.

"Pinkie, please stop shouting I'm trying to concentrate!" Twilight huffed as she looked back at her book.

"Pinkie Pie, stop that right now. It's time to prepare and I refuse to let you put on your new dress when you're all sweaty." Rarity scolded lightly and Pinkie froze and hopped off the trampoline.

"What's Twilight doing?" Pinkie asked.

"She's got an awesome magic spell she's been working on for the gala." Spike said.  

"Where are the others? It's getting late." Rarity frowned.

"Hold your horses girl, we're here." Applejack said as they all arrived.

"Perfect. I'm ready." Twilight smiled proudly.

"For what?" Rainbow asked.

"Alright Spike." Twilight nodded and spime brought an apple.

"An apple, are we having pie?" Pinkie asked with a smile.

"Just watch Pinkie." Daylight said and Twilight started her spell as her horn glowed and the apple stretched and grew, becoming a carriage a blink of an eye later earning praises from her friend and sister.

"Thanks, but that's just the start. Fluttershy did you bring your friends?" Twilight asked.

"Yes. Will they be safe, Twilight?" Fluttershy asked in concern.

"You have my word." Twilight said and her horn glowed once more and she turned the mice into horses but they looked like an odd combination of the two species. 

"Tadaa!" Twilight cheered, earning unsure looks. "Neat, huh?" 

"That's not right." Cosmic cringed.

"And don't worry they'll be mice again at midnight." Twilight said. 

"Opal essence no!" Fluttershy gasped as Opal attacked the mice she was kicked off as they ran off frightened.

"Wait, come back! Those horses were supposed to pull our carriage." Twilight frowned.

"Could you really call those horses?" Cosmic mumbled as Twilight panicked. Not long after Rarity used her beauty to ask a pair of stallions to pull the carriage. 

"Oh yeah, right." Twilight smiled sheepishly.

 ****

The girls were getting ready for the gala but Spike was the only one left outside.

"Come on you guys, let me in." Spike whined as he knocked on the door.

"Sure thing Spike." Rainbow said as she made her way to the door.

"Heaven's no, we're getting dressed." Rarity argued as she blocked the door.

"Dressed? Uh beg your pardon Rarity, we don't normally wear clothes." Applejack said.

"Ugh…I'm sorry Spike some of us do have standards." Rarity said as she opened the door and let him in.

"I still can't believe we're gonna be in Canterlot tonight, our home town." Spike smiled as he walked by Twilight who was under the dryer and Daylight who's mane was being brushed by Cosmic.