Ch 14: Sonic Rainboom

"Last one." Twilight sighed as she put the last book away on the shelf. "Thank you so much for helping me clean up all these books guys, it was a crazy weekend of studying." She said.

"Understatement of the year." Daylight snorted, causing the other ponies to giggle. Pretty soon they heard someone screaming from outside, then Rainbowdash came crashing in through the window.

"Hit the deck!" Daylight yelped.

*Boom!*

All the books in the library fell to the ground and fell on top of them and Pinkie Pie and Applejack popped out from the piles of books.

"Rainbowdash, you rock. Wohoo!" Fluttershy cheered quietly as she flew in but she gasped when she saw the state of the library. "Did my cheering do that?" She asked.

"Hehe sorry about that ladies, that was a truly feeble performance." Rainbow huffed as she picked herself up.

"Actually it wasn't all bad. I particularly liked it when you made the clouds spin." Fluttershy said.

"I'm not talking about my performance, I'm talking about yours. That feeble cheering!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"What are you two arguing about?" Twilight asked.

"Were we arguing, I'm sorry." Fluttershy said and Rainbow groaned.

"I wish you guys could come to CloudsDale. To see me compete in the Best Young Flyer Competition." She whined.

"What's that?" Daylight asked.

"It's where all the greatest pegasus flyers get together to show off their different flying styles. Some are fast--neeeew!-- and some are graceful." Pinkie said as she raced around and tried to dance but she fumbled over the books and crashed.

"Golly. I'd love to see you strut your stuff in that competition." Applejack said.

"Yeah, I wish you guys could be there. Fluttershy's a great support but her cheering isn't exactly inspirational." Rainbow said.

"Oh! I'd love to see you make a sonic rainboom! It's like the most coolest thing ever even though I've never actually seen it, but come on it's a sonic rainboom!" Pinkie squealed, bouncing up and down. "How not cool could it possibly not be?!"

"What's a sonic rainboom?" The sisters asked.

"You really need to get out more. The sonic rainboom is legendary! When a pegasus like Rainbowdash gets going so fast- boom! A sonic boom and a rainbow happens all at once!" Pinkie explained.

"And Rainbowdash is the only pony to ever pull it off." Applejack said.

"That's cool!" Daylight said.

"It was a long time ago... I was just a filly." Rainbow said.

"Yeah but you're gonna do it again right?" Pinkie asked and Rainbow looked unsure for a moment before she let put a slightly nervous smile.

"Are you kidding, I'm the greatest flyer to ever come out of CloudsDale. I can do sonic rainboom in my sleep." She said.

"Wow, if you pull that off, you'll win the crown for sure." Twilight said.

"Yeah!" Daylight agreed.

"The Grand Prize in an entire day with WonderBoltz! A whole day of flying with my life long heroes. That'll be a dream come true!" Rainbow exclaimed with sparkling eyes.

"Yay." Fluttershy cheered only to cause Rainbow to frown.

"I'm gonna go rest up, don't wanna over-prepare myself hehe. You on the other hand better keep practicing, I need a cheering section to match my spectacular performance." Rainbow said to Fluttershy before she flew off.