Ch 3: The ticket master

Today the twin ponies were helping AppleJack pick apples from the orchard and during they're way back Spike was throwing apples out of the Twilight's basket looking for something and Daylight was using her magic to pick them up and putting them in her basket.

"Thank you kindly ya'll for helping me out. I bet Big Macintosh I could get all these golden delicious in the barn by Lunch time.

If I win he's gonna walk down stirip street in one of grandma's gurtles." AppleJack chuckled.

"No problem at all AppleJack I'm glad the goal is lunch time all this hard work is making me hungry." Twilight said.

"Same here. I could just sink my teeth in a delicious dandelion sandwich right about now." Daylight said licking her lips.

"I know right." Spike said as he threw an apple on Twilight's head and smiled sheepishly.

"Really Spike you've been lounging on my back all morning while we worked even Cosmic helped out of which I am very grateful for." Twilight said.

"No problem Twilight." Cosmic said.

"Well you two were taking so long I missed snack time." Spike whined and Twilight's stomach rumbled making her chuckle.

"I guess we better got some food." Twilight said and Spike took out a bright red juicy apple.

"Spike that looks delicious!" Twilight said but instead of giving it to Twilight Spike ate it instead.

"Spike!" Twilight said.

"What?" Spike said and he all of a sudden burned out a parchment.

"It's a letter from Princess Celestia." Daylight said.

"I wonder what it says." Twilight said.

"Here ye, here ye her grand royal highness Princess Celestia of Equestria is pleased to announce the grand galloping gala to he held in the magnificent capital city of Canterlot on the 21st day of yadda-yadda-yadda cordially extends an invitation to Twilight Sparkle plus one guest." Spike said and Daylight let out a sigh of relief.

"The Grand Galloping Gala!" Twilight and AppleJack yelled in excitement and jumped around, Spike burped out two ticket to the gala.

"Look two tickets!" Spike said holding the tickets.

"Wow, great I've never been to the gala have you Daylight?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah... I have." Daylight said.

"What's it like?" Twilight asked.

"Well... it's nice, I guess." She said.

"Nice?! It's heap but more than just nice, I'd love to go lamb sacks if I had an apple stand set up. Ponies would be chewing our tasty vittles till the cows came home, do you have any idea how much business I could drum up for Sweet Apple Acres?! Well with all that money we could do a heap of fixing up around here, we could replace that saggy old roof and Big Macintosh could replace that saggy old plough and granny smith could replace that saggy old hip." AppleJack said as she imagined it all.

"Why I'd give my left hind leg to go to that galla." She said.

"Well in that case would you like to--"

"Whoa!" Rainbowdash yelled as she crashed into the ponies.

"Are we talking about the grand galloping gala?!" She asked on top of them.

"Rainbow, could you please get off." Daylight said.

"Oops sorry." Rainbow said flying off.

"Rainbowdash. You told me you were too busy to harvest apples what were you busy doing spying?" AppleJack accused.