18. On The Couch

❝ on the couch ❞━ DOMENICO ━

❝ on the couch ❞
━ DOMENICO ━

"Ya know, you are such a beautiful man. Like, you are so fine, I could just eat you up." Farrah's drunken words follow her as I tuck her under the sheets of the guest room. She's drunk and rambling.

I say nothing as she continues.

"And your voice. My thighs haven't clenched this much ever." I can't help the chuckle that escapes me at this part.

She'd already emptied the contents of her stomach, which was filled after she drunkenly indulged in the meal I set out for us. I'm not surprised that she's wasted after finding out the news, but I expect her to have higher clarity and a lot of questions in the morning.

"Good night, amore." I kiss her forehead as sudden soft snores pass her parted lips. When I exit the bedroom and enter the living room to my younger brother sipping a mug of tea, I can't help the scoff of disbelief that escapes me.

"She took that better than I thought." He says, eyes cast on his phone. "Only three bottles of wine are gone."

Plopping down on the stool around the island, I clench my jaw. "What happened tonight?"

He shrugs a single shoulder, "Your accountant sent me on a mission after he found that one of our clients hasn't paid us in months."

"Adriano sent you out there so why did you show up on my doorstep?"

"He's in Paris." He deadpans. "Hence why he couldn't even do the job himself."

My eye twitches and I huff through my nose. "She wouldn't have believed me if you didn't walk in looking the way you did."

He winks, "You're welcome."

"You're sleeping on the couch tonight." Is all the thanks I give him and he sneers and kisses his teeth. I turn to head to bed when I hear his voice again.

"You've never acted like this before." He says, "You're stubborn and secretive, so why'd you tell her about this one?"

I pause and cast my gaze up to the high ceiling. Why did I tell her about the most important part of me, knowing that this could go either way? "She's smart enough to know what this means for us and I trust her."

"So, in pursuit of a relationship," I face him, curious to his next words, "You basically endanger it?"

My eyes narrow at the confusion on his face, "I have endangered nothing, fratello. Eventually, you'll get it when you find a woman worthy of all your secrets. You can't expect to be lonely for the rest of your life."