20. Dirty Minded

❝ dirty minded ❞━ FARRAH ━

❝ dirty minded ❞
━ FARRAH ━

As the sun sinks below the horizon, my eyes follow the trail, a mug of hot chocolate in my grasp. If this was any day before today, I would be home or at the hospital right now. Instead, I'm in the home of a man who hides guns under his table and fucked me so hard in his shower that I'd lost some of my voice and feeling in my legs.

And now, here I sit on his balcony, my phone on silent and my mind overrun with thoughts. I've been here for almost twenty-four hours and as quickly as my social battery depletes, I don't want to leave.

I don't want to see what's beyond these doors, now knowing what I know.

"It's cold outside, bambina." Nico's voice snaps me from my thoughts and I turn my head to look at him. He wears a pair of Grey sweatpants, matching socks, and a black hoodie. In his hand is a wool blanket.

He slides in behind me and pulls the blanket over my shoulders. I release a sigh of relief at the warmth that washes over me. I lean back in his hold as his arms wrap around me.

We sit in silence — well, as silent as police sirens and the usual Chicago nightlife can be.

"What are you thinking about?"

I snort, "Well, how boring my life is compared to yours." He chuckles lowly in my ear and I clench my thighs, "And how insane I might actually be for choosing to stick around."

"Well, I'm glad you did. Even if you think that means you're insane." He muses but I just roll my eyes playfully. "I know it wasn't an easy choice, Farrah, but I promise you won't regret it."

"That's what they all say." My eyes narrow as a helicopter glides over the city. "You know, I don't want sex to be the basis of our... whatever this is."

"I never intended for it to be, Farrah." He says and kisses the nape of my neck, "I meant it when I said I want to spoil you." He pauses, "You deserve joy and comfort and everything your heart desires."

"My heart desires sleep." I hum out jokingly. "And a relationship with the man I really like."

"Let me take you on a date then." He says and my heart begins to race against my chest, "Show you what a future with me includes."

I huff out in amusement, "A future with you includes guns and bullet wounds and watching your brother sharpen a knife in your living room on a Saturday night."

He chuckles but doesn't deny it, "A future with me isn't for the faint of heart but it also includes talks like this, new adventures, potentially being a Donna, and some other things I can't spoil yet."