Chapter 26: An Animal's Aura

"I think I'm going back out to the lake later. There's something I want to check out," I told Bisky. We sat on the treetops changing back into our clothes. The Nen towels had disappeared.

"What is it?"

"I have this theory I need to confirm. But I should probably go with Ahmad, in case anything happens." We nibbled on some fruit that Ahmad left us in the base. "I'll wait here for them to finish."

I still need to confirm with another animal's aura. Ahmad should help me do that. Hmm, and Kurapika...he's smart enough to think things through. I should bring him too. He'll be more insightful to my idea.

I heard footsteps patting under the base. Bisky jumped down, a high pitched scream escaped her before she covered her mouth.

Hmm?

I glanced down from the top.

Oh-

Three... half-naked men stood below. My eyes widened, my cheeks flushing. Their bodies were sculpted beautifully. Water dripped over their abs, their hair hung over their faces, clinging to their defined jaws. Ahmad was smiling holding his towel at his waist, running his hands through his hair. Hisoka bit his lips. It was the first time I saw him with his hair down...and he looked so different. Illumi stood emotionless, effortlessly posing. Sure they were all attractive, but I only had one question.

"Where's Kurapika?" I called from the base. Bisky squealed still gawking at them.

"Right here." He already had his clothes on. He turned to the boys still standing, "Hurry up and put clothes on or I'll take my Nen back right now."

"I guess I'll take my time then~" Hisoka said.

"He's right, it's almost night, we should hurry," Ahmad said jumping up to the base with me. I jerked my eyes away. "S-sorry, I'll wait down there."

But before I could leave, Illumi jumped up, then Hisoka. I backed up slowly. My vision spiked and I covered my eyes whimpering. Now I could really feel my cheeks burn red, my lips pressing together.

"Hisoka! Put your towel back on!" Kurapika scolded. I heard his dark chuckle.

"It must have slipped off~"

"Stop fooling around," Ahmad scolded him.

I desperately felt for the ledge, then jumped off, catching my breath.

Geez...

After everyone changed, I gathered my thoughts and made my way to Ahmad and Kurapika sitting by their hammocks. "Hey, could I talk to you guys for a moment?"

"What's going on?" Ahmad asked, his aura appearing a tone lighter.

"I want to go back to the lake but I need both of your ideas on something. And your animal expertise of course."

Kurapika nodded.

"Of course." Ahmad stood up facing the group. "Real quick, finish rubbing the herbs on your clothes too. Any of our human scents should be washed out. Bisky, hold the fort for us, we'll be back soon. Have a fire started shortly after." He winked at her and she giggled.

The three of us jumped down the mini base.

"One last thing." Ahmad paused and took a deep breath. His arms raised toward the trees. Parts of the bark speckled in his green aura, then deep indigo flowers appeared within. When they bloomed all the way, a radiant violet glow decorated the shelter.

"Woah..." I stepped back, slowly taking in the serene atmosphere. "This is nothing like the forest at home."

Ahmad beamed shyly, "They will dwindle later at night so it's only temporary. The glow is actually emitting a chemical into the fog that prevents bugs from coming near."