C H A P T E R F O U R

– date? it was just a simple dinner –

__________

The movie was over and Pia took a quick shower before dinner. Just as she got in the shower, there was a knock on the door, but Pia couldn't hear it.

It was Pietro. He stepped into her room.

"Pia?"

She didn't answer. He heard the water in the bathroom and walked to the bathroom door where he knocked again. When Pia still didn't answer he decided to go enter the bathroom to speak to her.

He was about to push the door handle when he heard her voice. She sang. He listened to her singing Cola by Lana del Rey for a while and smiled at the lyrics.

Must be her favourite song, he thought.

When Pia stopped singing, the crackling of the water also stopped. He knocked again.

"Who is it," she asked.

"Pietro."

When Pia heard his name she put a towel around her body as fast as she could.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"A few minutes...I just wanted to let you know that dinner will be ready soon so you won't be too late."

"Thank you, Pietro. I'll be done in a minute."

"Good. Just come to the elevators."

"Elevators?"

"Yes, the others will eat down here, so I thought I'd take you upstairs."

With these words, he left the room and left Pia smiling in the bathroom.
He did so much for her, it was really nice of him. Only that he had probably heard her sing, was a little embarrassing. But she was looking forward to dinner anyway.

That's why she wanted to finish as soon as possible and went to blow dry her hair. Then she put on a simple and sporty black dress and some makeup.

When she was happy with the final result, she made her way to the elevators. Pietro was already waiting for her.

"You look beautiful."

Pia smiled at his compliment.
"Thank you."

"Shall we?"

He held out his arm to Pia and took her to one of the top floors. It was an empty floor but there was a single beautifully laid table in the middle. Pietro led her to it.

"Wow, this looks great, Pietro. "

"Thank you, but I gotta admit I had some help from Wanda."

"Well, you two did a really good job."

"I'm glad you like it. But I'm sure you'll like the food even better."

He went to a small table standing near a wall and brought two plates of spaghetti Bolognese.

"You're not a vegetarian, are you?"

"Oh, no. I just can't stop eating meat."

"Well, I cooked the right thing then."

Pia reached for her fork and the two began to eat. They chatted a bit until they were both finished.

"You haven't promised me too much, Pietro. It tastes really good."

"It's a recipe from my grandmother. I'm glad you like it. But there's also dessert."

Pia grinned like a five-year-old when she heard that. Pietro cleared the plates and picked up two small bowls of raspberry mascarpone cream.