C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

– fireworks –

__________

When Pia woke up the next morning, she immediately started to smile. Waking up in Bucky's arms was an incredible feeling and she was happy to finally be able to call him her boyfriend.

Slowly, she tried to free herself from his grip without waking him but as soon as she moved a little bit, his eyes opened. He too began to smile immediately.

"Good morning, doll."

"Good morning, Barnes."

"I could lie here with you forever."

"Me too. But unfortunately, we can't stay in bed all day."

Pia wanted to get up but Bucky didn't let her go. Somehow she managed to get free and then went to the bathroom.

"So what are we gonna do today, doll?"

"I don't know. Let's just see what the others are up to."

"Okay. So...how do we tell them?"

"We don't. If we just don't hide it they'll figure it out."

Shortly afterward she came out of the bathroom and changed her clothes. Meanwhile, Bucky went to the bathroom. Ten minutes later they were both ready.

"Ready to make it public, doll?"

Pia just nodded and grabbed Bucky's hand. In the elevator, Bucky let go of it. For a moment she thought Bucky changed his mind about telling everyone, but when he put an arm around her she smiled.

Then they got out. Everyone stared at them. Tony was so shocked, he dropped his fork. Steve was the first to wake up from his paralysis and walked towards them.

"You finally did it!"

Pia and Bucky both smiled and nodded.

"I'm so happy for you." Steve smiled and hugged them before he turned to his friends.

"Hey, how about you congratulate them instead of gawking."

The others reacted immediately and stood up to hug them.

"Guess it's time to celebrate, then."

"No, no no, Tony. This is our day off, we should've celebrated yesterday,"  said Pia.

"What do we do instead?"

"How about we all go to the amusement park together?" Wanda suggested.

"It's winter," Bruce said.

"I'm in," Pia replied, ignoring Bruce.
The others also ignored him and just nodded.

_____

In the afternoon they met in the lobby. It would only take them about an hour to get to the park but Tony wouldn't be Tony if he hadn't organized a party bus. Bruce shook his head.

"You just can't help yourself, can you?"

Tony patted his shoulder. "Nope."