C H A P T E R N I N E

– pia's new job –

__________

Clint and Thor did a workout the next morning which consisted of running around on every floor in the building. Why couldn't they just train like normal people?

They jogged up the stairs to the floor Pia and Bucky were sleeping at. They ran around but Clint stopped abruptly. Thor stopped too.

"What's wrong?!"

Clint tapped on the glass facade that separated the two from Pia and Bucky.

"Over there. You see that?"

Thor followed the gaze of his colleague and then smiled.

"Lady Pia seems to have gotten over the fast runner very quickly."

Clint's smile turned into a slightly confused expression.

"You mean Pietro?"

Thor's smile remained constant. He now blinked like a madman. "Yes, of course."

"It's fine, I know you're not good at remembering names...Wait a minute. I think they're waking up."

"Let's go, then...uhh..."

"Clint."

"Clint, yes. Of course."

He patted him on the shoulder and they ran up the stairs together to escape from a possibly unpleasant situation.

_____

Pia felt someone moving next to her. Slowly she opened her eyes and remembered where she was. Bucky sat next to her.

"Hey."

"Hey."

There was a short silence. Yesterday evening, it wasn't weird to lie there together but now it was. Pia tried to get up but she had incredible back pain.

"Wait, I'll help you."

Bucky stood up and stood in front of her. One hand supported her back while the other helped her to stand up. Pia stretched when she was finally on her feet.

"Thank you. I don't think I've ever lain so uncomfortably."

"Next time you can try my bed," Bucky laughed.

Pia boxed him lightly in the shoulder. "Stop it, Barnes."

"Let's get something to eat."

She wasn't sure if that was a good idea. The past night suddenly made her feel uncomfortable. Nevertheless she was hungry. "Good idea, I'm starving."

They went to the first floor to have breakfast in the kitchen. Pia heard a loud noise and stopped Bucky before he could walk in.

"Did you see Pia and Bucky together this morning," Clint asked in an unusually loud voice.

Thor replied: "Yes...Clint. They looked really happy lying there."