CHAPTER 16.

As soon as Mallika felt a sharp pain in her ear, her palm was covered with fresh blood.

Her head started spinning. She couldn't think straight as her throat became tightened to utter a word.

The family saw her standing there.

"Mallika? What're you starting at? Come here. Sit beside us." Monika asked for her.

But Mallika stood there with a horrific expression, still holding her palm upright.

Monika came towards her and placed her hand on her shoulder.

"What happen? Why're you so tensed? Mallika, Sumedh is gone. He's not going to co-"

"Mon... My ears are bleeding. There is so much blood. DON'T YOU SEE THE BLOOD?" Mallika yelled, worsening the pain.

Everyone in the hall room became tensed as they watched the commotion.

"Oh my God, blood? Mallika, what're you talking about? Where's blood? You're perfectly fine Mallika." Monika tried to explain to her but she didn't want to listen or explain any further.

'How come she can't see my blood? It's still here and ahh! It's paining like a bitch. What the hell is happening? Mujhe kuch samjh me nhi aa rha.' Mallika started hyperventilating while holding her head with her hands.

"It's okay. Let's go to others." Saying this she pulled her and headed to the living room where everyone was sitting.

"Sid, Masi, Kiran, can anyone see bloo-" before she could speak Mallika screamed making all of them flinch.

Her ears were bleeding painfully but they couldn't see it.

Only she could feel it.

"Mallika! Mallika, what happen? Please let us see. Why did you scream all of a sudden?" Sid started coming towards her but her pain increased even more and she started thrashing her hands here and there, stopping anyone to come.

"Mallika, let me see you, where is paining?" Sid was about to touch her but she again backed up, because whenever he came closer to her condition became worse.

She ran from there and locked herself in her room.

Leaning against the door, she slid down on the floor, clutching her knees close to her chest as she started crying hysterically.

When she calmed down a little, to her surprise she noticed her ear didn't bleed anymore, not paining.

She looked down at her hand and it was clean now. As if nothing happened just a minute ago.

She felt like insane.

'How the fuck is this possible? I was not overreacting at all. Was I? It was really paining a lot as if someone was ripping my ear out from my body. And the blood...but when Sid was about to touch me it felt like someone was stabbing it with a knife. But where did the pain go when I locked myself up here? Now there's not a sign of blood anymore. Was it really my hallucination or-' before she could think more,

"Mallika! Please open the door. Mallika? Can you hear me? Please for God's sake open the door." Everyone started banging on the door, shouting her name from outside.

Mallika stood up and opened the door revealing everyone's worried faces.

Monika hugged her tightly. Mallika closed her eyes as a sob escaped from her lip.

Aunty, Kiran, and chutki also tried to calm her down.

But as soon as her uncle kept his hand on her head to comfort her, she jumped out from Monika's grip.

Again the pain came and blood started oozing out from her ears, but now also none could see it, except her.

She could no longer tolerate the excruciating pain, screamed in agony as her head started spinning and she fainted on Monika's shoulder.