CHAPTER 28.

"She's my wife." the calmness in his voice chilled her nerves as she looked at him in horror.

'What does he mean by she's his wife?' she thought but said out aloud,

"Wh-what do you me-mean by she's your wi-wife?" her voice was shaking as he inched closer to her. His hot breath fanned over her face creating goosebumps. His eyes were dark and it confirmed how serious his words were.

"Yo-you are ki-kidding me right?" He noticed her eyes glistening as her breath hitched.

"Nope. I'm as serious as my existence." He shrugged.

She took a step back, proceeding with the newfound information. She felt betrayed. Her head started spinning as she glanced at the photo frame and then at his figure simultaneously.

He watched her from the corner of his eyes before bursting out in fitful laughter.

A tear rolled down her cheeks as she looked at him, perplexed by his sudden reaction.

He hold his stomach and tried to control himself but whenever he looked at her face, he again failed– finally laughing more.

What he didn't notice was that she looked at him with adoration. His laughter was like a mountain stream. She forgot when she last saw him such happy. 

He was like a close book to her. Sometimes he behaved like a psycho and the next there was none as caring as him. And now he was laughing like a five-year-old kid enjoying the playground.

Somehow when his laughter session halted a little, he took close steps toward her. His eyes drenched with fresh tears and he blurted out,

"I was just joking, Mallika. I can't believe you'll take it seriously. Do you know how poor you looked when I told you she's my wife? I just can't control myself." he hold her shoulders and whispered into her ears, "Are you jealous, Cadbury?"

"No-no I'm not... wh-why would I?" She couldn't match his gaze as a blush covered her cheeks.

"Don't worry, I'm only your husband and you're only my wife." his husky voice made her shiver as she looked back at his pitch black eyes where a red ring swirling.

"Then who's this young lady?" She questioned, eyeing the picture.

'For whom you're here now!' He thought but said aloud,

"She's Mrs. Delusia. Master's wife, dead wife."

━━━━━━ ◦ ♥️ ◦ ━━━━━━

"Welcome, welcome, Ms. Mallika Singh." the old vampire chirped upon sensing Mallika's presence who was peeping through his room.

"Aapko mera naam kaise pata?" She, startled, asked him as he chuckled in his wrinkled face.

"I know everything about you and even why you come here."

"So you're the Old vampire, who's manipulating my Sumedh, right?" Mallika questioned with a sneer while stepping into his dark room confidently.

She spotted him sitting over a rocking chair, holding a glass of thick red liquid in his hands.

"I ain't manipulating anyone, child. He is doing everything by his own wish."

"Don't lie to me!" Mallika roared as he looked up at her. His eyes were cold and red as he glared at her.

She knew it was stupid to engage herself in a fight with the ancient Vampire, although she couldn't really go without knowing the truth. So she controlled herself before speaking calmly again,

"Why do you imprison me here? What is the relation between you and Sumedh? And how did Delusia die?" Hearing her name he pressed the glass so hard that in a moment it shattered into pieces as the blood, mixing with his own covered his palm, dripping down onto the floor.

He licked the blood off of his hand, his eyes pitch black as he stood up, taking steps towards Mallika.

She flinched but put on her ground as he stood in front of her.

"Never ever raise your voice at me, little girl. Next time I won't think twice before slit that pretty tongue of yours. And you're in no position to ask me whatever the fuck you want to know. From onwards don't pronounce her name in front of me. Understand? Now get lost from here, before I kill you. NOW!" she got frightened by his dangerous look that he wasn't a man of jock. She was determined to find out the truth but she left from there leaving a furious Vampire inside.

As soon as she left, he started throwing things here and there while screaming,

"ARGH! DELUSIA! DELUSIA! DELUSIA! MARNE KE BAAD BHI MERA PICHA NHI CHORAH ISNE!"

"Tsk tsk tsk... Only if you told me everything that day, then maybe you would be alive today. But don't worry, I won't let you win this time. I fucking won't." showing a fake concern he started caressing the picture which was kept in his diary while an evil smirk plastered on his lips.

"And I'm with you, Dad." a faint voice called from the darkness while holding his shoulder from behind. When he turned his head, a sly smile escaped from his lips to see the person in front of him.

 When he turned his head, a sly smile escaped from his lips to see the person in front of him