CHAPTER 22.

"I love you Sumedh." As soon as those words left Mallika's mouth, everything happened so fast.

Sumedh's eyeballs turned into a scarlet red as his black pupil began to small and small. Two big wings were born in the edges of his arms when his canines grew wider. The view of him was as scary as one could even imagine. He was turned into a complete vampire in front of her when his clothes were torn apart as veins popped out from his body.

Before Mallika could catch her breath, his fangs pierced the soft skin of her neck and she let out a loud cry. She couldn't feel anything as the world started spinning in front of her eyes as a hand wrapped around her waist and she found herself above the floor. Soon enough darkness engulfed her as she surrendered herself in the devil's arms.

━━━━━━ ◦ ♥️ ◦ ━━━━━━

"Shit." Basant who left an eye on them from afar, stomped his foot on the grass, catching everyone's attention.

"What happened, bro? Ma-mallika... she's fine right?" But he remained silent.

"Arey kuch bolta kyu nhi hai... IS MALLIKA FINE?" Sid screamed as he finally decided to break the silence.

"Sumedh takes her with him." A dread silence fell over them as they widened their eyes in shock. Sid came to him and was about to punch him hard when Akshay stopped him.

"Stop it! Now's not the time to fight among ourselves. We have to save her."

"How can I Akshay, HOW CAN I? I've trusted this man over my sister's safety. Just for him, today I lost her completely. If only I wouldn't listen to this bastard!" Monika and her parents couldn't utter a single word until her mother burst into a fitful of tears. They tried to console her but it wasn't the situation of calm down for any of them. Mallika was in danger. If they couldn't do something right now, she could be killed.

"I warned her so many times, don't agree with his any words, but she... didn't," Basant murmured to himself as if in a daze.

"What should we do now?"

"I'm sorry, I can't do anything right now. It's forbidden for humans to go to the vampire land. Only a vampire can enter into the portal."

"HOW CAN YOU SAY I CAN'T DO ANYTHING? Didn't you come up with a safety plan if he tried to harm her or were you so proud of yourself that you didn't even think your plan would be failed like this? I want her back at any cost and if not then watch yourself Basant!" Sid gritted his teeth all the while fuming.

"I'm trying my best, but I can assure you that he can't do anything with her. She has a special power within. If she wishes she can get out of there, but I don't know why she left in the first place." he said nothing more and left.

━━━━━━ ◦ ♥️ ◦ ━━━━━━

Meanwhile there Mallika slowly opened her eyes in hope of light, but all in vain as there was not a single trace of light. A place so dark, with no lights no hopes, consumed her surroundings as there she laid like an angel, the only source of lightness.

A sharp pain shot across her head as her hands immediately clutched it in reflex. When looked around, she found herself in a leathery bed in a huge room.

She abruptly got up and started scanning her adjacent.

"Where am I?" her throat croaked out in a weak whisper as she recalled her previous encounter with Sumedh as a jolt of fear ran down her spine.

The architecture of the room is made of bones of humans, there was a dim light which was lit with the help of a vase of blood. The room smelled like wine and rotten meat that she couldn't help but covered her mouth with her palms to stop the gagging reflection.

Goosebumps erupted all over her skin when she felt something or someone's presence in the room, beside her.

She tilted her head to one side as a whimper left her mouth to see a skeleton was staring at her with his dark hollow holes.

"Cadbury." His voice was like a cherry in the living hell as it echoed the room and she looked around to find his whereabouts, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Su-Sumedh... Kaha ho, tu-tum... pl-please... mujhe bo-bohot dar lag raha hai." Tear droplets were running down her cheeks as she continued to beg him to show up.

"Welcome to the Devil's land, Angel."